fair enough. both fritchis and naxos had their run-of-the-mill as well, eh? But that's the glory... stuff just keeps getting better and better.

and strangely enough- I remember Volkl Tigers in the ski shop about 20 years ago costing over 700 bucks. Oddly, a race ski still runs about 700 bucks. Lift tickets on the other hand... holy crap have they gotten more expensive over the years.

The marker will fill a niche wih that 16 DIN

But that heal riser looks like crap up against everything else on the binding

You'd think they could engineer something a bit better

Even worse seeing as anybody using a binding that beefy will also be sporting a stiff boot That's killer on the uphill

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
never buy in the first year wait for the second batch
you are absolutely right.

At the ISPO this year you could try-out the Duke binding mounted on the Blizzard Kreitler model.

It was funny to see how many poeple weren't able to close the binding at all and the person who were able to close it didn't close it properly.

Interesting new concept but I don't know how practical it actually is.

Has any one seen any thing on the new NTN binding. Well actually it's a boot and binding system primarily designed for tele. The neat thing is the boot by Scarpa will also work in the Dynafit system. It has been blessed by Dynafit. One boot for both tele and AT sounds interesting. Wonder how the whole thing will pan out.

I havn't been getting Couloir mag lately so am not up to date on the reviews

But I did tour with a dude on some new G3s or Scarpas that somehow unclipped for the ascent making for zero resistance. He was loving not having any tip dive. The heal riser was junk though and he had to jerry rig it with an elastic band to keep it up

BD also makes a binding that unclips so it can pivot when touring. Defiantly less resistance have not tried it yet but it gets a lot of good reviews.

Another interesting thing on the Scarpa NTN boot is the elimination of the duckbill. The front is designed to meet regular ski boot norms. It will fit in a regular AT binding although it has not been approved.

Yes that is a fear. I bet it could go a ways before flipping over on an open slope. Don't think I'd be taking it to very much resort though

Thats right. It was a BD binding

Another thing about less bill on the boot is it will fit into a crampon much better

Unfortunately there are not to many tele bindings with brakes or that are releasable. So straps are somewhat of a must. Argh what a pain. It reminds me of when I first learning to ski back in the 70's.

• 2 months later...

The Naxo's were pretty good for the season. Starting to get some flex now after about 30 days of skiing.

They did get me out the back of Happo and up to 4200m at Gulmarg in style. They tour great, they ski powder fine, just struggling a bit on the piste now they have loosened up a bit, but hey what am I doing on piste on a pair of Gotamas? Just getting back to the lifts!!