• No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

They are not as crap as people make out

http://www.yabuliski.com/

Up until recently, 3 years or so, mainland Chinese were only allowed into Hong Kong as part of a group who were champeroned by the guides. These were mainly to keep them fed, shopped up and to make sure they returned to China after their "tour"

This is what happens on all other tours, including Thailand, Japan, Singapore...etc etc.

The individual travel permit scheme was only introduced to help Hong Kong get back on it's feet and has also been applied for Macau. There is no indication it will be expanded further.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember it was a great hassle having to go to the Japanese Embassy every year to get visas to visit Japan in the past. Then the visas became valid for 3 years and now visas are not required for HK citizens to visit Japan. That may be one of the factors that account for the rising number of visitors from Hong Kong.

There is a certain lodge in Hakuba which has an English only website.

If you book online, you can only book if you have an address in Austalia or Japan. Strange strategy to limit your customers to only people from these places.

I guess the point I was trying to make is Japanese resorts on a whole don't put a lot of effort into marketing themselves very well.

If they did there would be more info for target audience.

Is there any info out there as to the amount of foreign skiers and what country there from that visit J resorts

Lets face a person that skis for the week pumps a lot more into the local economy vs a person that does a day trip.

Quote:
Originally posted by thursday:

If you book online, you can only book if you have an address in Austalia or Japan. Strange strategy to limit your customers to only people from these places.
Whats the name of that place Thursday?- sounds easy to deal with- I know of one place their owned by an Aussie guy but not sure of net site. thks.

I heard on the news this morning that foreign visitors have gone up from 45,000 last year at this time to 70,000+. Wonder where they get that information from, people flying in and out of Chitose, hotels, their bums? Sure Chitose would be. Anybody in Hakuba doing that? lol.gif Could you imagine a arubaito bloke looking at each car trying to see if there are gaijin in it and count em? :rolleyes: lol.gif

CB - this is just a guess but I think the way tourist/visitor numbers a calculated is often by the day or, say for hotels, by the number of people staying each night so a person staying for a week is actually represented as 7 visitors. 70,000 over a 100 day season would be an average of 700 per day (obviously the actual numbers would start low and peak during mid season) but you get the idea.

Quote:
Originally posted by boardbaka:
 Quote:
Originally posted by thursday:

Whats the name of that place Thursday?- sounds easy to deal with- I know of one place their owned by an Aussie guy but not sure of net site. thks.
BB, it's got Hakuba and Powder in it's name and it's on the list of places to stay in Hakuba.