• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not what this guy's after. Sounds like he's after 5 star plush and posh with private, or at least quiet dining (or at least not a large amount of people thrown in one noisy gigantous room to eat! Plus it doesn't snow as much inland as near the coast.

I wouldnt say the hotels, that I know of up in Hirafu like Alpen, Kogen, J-First Scot,etc are actually not (forgot to add not) that nice in terms of what your boss is looking for. But there are tons of cool pensions down at the bottom of the hill that might be nicer...Im a broke@ss man and stay budget myself but did work at the Scot...not recommending it, its just decent like the others - though I saw they did add an onsen so you can sit and look at Yotei. Pretty sweet I think but wish they had that when I was there \:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by hkgal:
Thanks Davo. I think you got it as I would guess the same. Have you been you La Niege? Photos look pretty good.
I got married there. Does that make me dead posh?

The rooms are lovely and the staff are great. It's great value for money. Don't confuse La Neige Higashi with the old La Neige across the road.

For a Japanese experience, the Sakaya Ryokan at Nozawa is probably your best bet. Again, it won't be expensive for what you get. I doubt they speak much English though, in case that matters.

If I had to super-impress someone with accomodation using other people's money, I'd take em to the posh hotel at Lake Louise or the old Springs Hotel at Banff. I've not stayed at either, but they look like old palaces. Both have great settings too.

I guess you meant La Neige Higashi, Mr. Wiggles. They look really nice on the site but unfortunately only in Japanese. English is a must as I don't speak any Japanese at all. It would be tough to organize!