I've been using Marmot Ultimate Ski Gloves for about 8 seasons. Just picked up a new pair. They are extreamly warm and durable. The only downside is the price.$$$ There a mix of gor-tex xcr, leather and prima loft (synthic down)

I second the Ultimate if you 've got cold hands, I've had a pair for years as well...but now I find that they're TOO warm. I'm looking at some Cloudveil Troller gloves or Marmot's Work gloves. I really like leather as it lasts a good long time. The Troller's are $65 US The Work gloves are about $80 US

I'd try to get some really good Gore-Tex covers only. These will need to be long. Most gloves with insulation get far too hot, then wet with sweat. Inside your covers you can use another kind of glove ranging from cotton work gloves to fleece depending on the conditions.

LONG YES!! I would also recommend finding a pair with a little "squeegie" thingy on one of the gloves. Tremendously helpful in powder or on snowy days!!

I currently wear a Burton pair...Squeegie in full effect....plenty warm....maybe not last as long as say a Marmot or similar top of the line brand, but not as pricy either....maybe 50-70 USD or so.