Quote:
Originally posted by Hokkaidough:
Mine are already on

clap.gif
Do you realy need them from now in Hokaido or you have them on all year round? Dont they go bad faster if you use them on normal roads?
I am planing to buy a set this year, but since I am in Tokyo I was thinking around mid-late November.

Haven`t made the leap yet from chains to tyres but thinking about buying for this season. Going to shop around a bir though as seems that they are real expensive here, and vary in price from garage to garage.

The rubber is a soft compound designed to operate well in cold and wet conditions, so they tend to wear quickly. Also, the block tread patterns squirm under high cornering loads, so they develop higher slip angles than summer tyres. Also, they are much noisier than summer tyres. Apart from that, they`re fine \:\)

I'll check when I get home Tsondaboy. Can't remember off the top of my head. The guys at the shop I go to were pretty honest about which ones are better quality than others. Might pay to ask them.

I have to get the car to the dealer for the 15000 km service/shaken etc sometime next month. I was planning to ask him what he recommends since he is a really honest guy, but still I would like to get a second opinion from someone that has experience with snow tires.

hey, yeah blizzaks are pretty good. I just checked, and I have Autobacs own North Trek tyres. I remember the guy pointing out to me and recommending that amongst a number of other brands at that price range, so he wasn't pushing their own brand on me at all.