TR: DIZZY IS A GENTLEMAN - Summer Skiing In Hakuba

while toque and ft continued to their line, ebc and i took norikura down, me from about 50 or so meters higher. i had fun on what was left of my run. it's mid-june and i've ridden in each of the last 7 months. i was surprised at seeing massive bumble bees near the trees on tengupara. everybody was chuckling at my bottle of sunblock SPF 2, yes 2 in the gondola. but i had refilled it with SPF 45 before leaving tokyo.

Quote:
Originally posted by le spud:

.... and Dizzy to mother you when you get all floppy and pathetic ;\) . Just teasing.

good to see you having a piss, spud ;\) yah, maybe i was like her older brother up there for a minute. always safety first.

i'm no bc expert, but what i've learned is that you don't leave people on their own on the mt.

thx for the day, guys! ebc, u'll be up there again next season. how's the sunburn? \:D \:D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>yah, maybe i was like her older brother up there for a minute. always safety first.

i'm no bc expert, but what i've learned is that you don't leave people on their own on the mt.

Get off it Dizzy! :rolleyes: You know you were just too much of a pu$$y to push on :p ;\)

Dizzy debated for a while and had we all waited at the base of norikura im sure he would have come along. The fact is going back down tengu would not have been dangerous with the amount of traffic coming down.

Dizzy just got the crap end of the stick and i never thought for a minute that he would stay behind.

Quote:
Originally posted by eskimobasecamp:
Yes ehh we took the alternative route down Tengu thanks to me and a found a nice waterfall...
translation = woman got lost and narrowly escaped death lol.gif :p
Why Dizzy didnt lead is beyond me confused.gif

yes i'm not sure why he agreed to follow me when i claimed i knew another way down lol - i did know another way down, but the snow that was there 3 weeks ago had melted and left bushes and a waterfall instead. we traverssed further over and couldn't see what was over the other side of what we were going down, so i went ahead seen as it was only right that narrowly escape death first since it was my fault we were even there. got a good shot of me skiing bamboo though lol. CB - sen arrived in hakuba yesterday ;\)

we didn't fall into the waterfall though or any other terrain traps for that matter, and i found a safe route out thumbsup.gif if we had fallen into creeks a la creek boy, then you could say - i won't be leading a group again. anyway, that was going down, and i certainly won't be leading anyone up a mountain, everyone is faster than me.

Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
Get off it Dizzy! :rolleyes: You know you were just too much of a pu$$y to push on :p ;\)
:p \:D

yeah, yamakashi, better that i be a t#at :p
could've been worse--if ebc went down by herself and IF something happened, she might have had to change her username to eskimocreekgirl and crash SJ for an afternoon \:D

the waterfall we came to took 10 steps to backtrack and get onto the right slope

Dizzy again your a nice lad for that but when a person gets dropped they head back the same way they came. we werent in dangerous terrain so i was not worried. With this type of problem the person slowing down the group has to take it upon themselves to drop out and understand to go back. it happens all the time in the mountains.

Whats done is done and things are much clearer to people so next season is a new ballgame.

dressing

yeah

even so, slippin or falling down a creek or worse a waterfall and that's the end of someone's season or worse. i'm fine with it

were it a powder day, things would be different.

let's enjoying next season