A new feature has been put online. This time we had a talk with popular Forum member Toque about his experiences on the snow and more...

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/features/interviews-toque.html

"I was born July 1979 in the beautiful town of Chilliwack, British Columbia. That’s in Canada if you didn’t know. My father introduced me to the mountains at an early age with backpacking and ski trips a regular occurrence. I skied and hiked fairly often right from the age of six. Chilliwack is about 100km east of Vancouver right up against some big mountains - to the south, Chilliwack has the North Cascades and to the north, the Coast Mountains. It’s a great location for somebody that enjoys outdoor life. After high school it was off to University where I studied Geography at a small local school. They only offered an arts degree in my discipline but I was able to study the physical aspects which keep me entertained. I often spent my time in the Geography lab looking over the topographic maps planning trips for the future.... I love topo maps...

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/features/interviews-toque.html

Please note that the views expressed in any Features on Snow Japan are not necessarily those of Snow Japan.

Discuss it here...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet read Toque. Gonna be a bummer not skiin lines with you this upcoming winter... Im gonna need more mates up in Hakuba if FF is always teaching again. Cheers for the epic runs, scary adventures (nice avie that was), the knowledge you taught me, beers, and banter cool.gif

clap.gif

Thanks guys

There will always be people coming and going

Hell the girl replacing me is from Colorado and loves the mountains and skiing. That might be the usual interview trash but you never know...

Quote:
Originally posted by Team snow bee:
Nice stuff - I'm getting the impression that you like mountains?

Can I get a high res of http://www.snowjapan.com/e/features/toque-interview-i.jpg ? ;\)
Sent

Quote:
Originally posted by RichE:
What are you going to do - for a job - when you get back to Canada and where do you plan to live?
I'll be going to University for a year starting September. Getting my High School teaching certificate.
Not sure where though yet. Either Vancouver or Southeastern BC

Quote:
My understanding is that he will be organising a midget circus troupe. Naturally he will be living in the top bunk while the midgets live below. (I should add that in the winter, they will pull his provision sleds around the mountains and test the snow pack.)
Well you can't expect me to risk my life
They're only midgets ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by @tokyo:
Whatever he will be doing, he needs to have at least 6 hours a day to be logged in here ;\)
I'm a lazy **** for sure \:D
 Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:

Quote:
My understanding is that he will be organising a midget circus troupe. Naturally he will be living in the top bunk while the midgets live below. (I should add that in the winter, they will pull his provision sleds around the mountains and test the snow pack.)
They're only midgets ;\)

I didn't know you were taking FT with you, and I thought you considered him to be a friend! :p
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:

They're only midgets ;\)

I didn't know you were taking FT with you, and I thought you considered him to be a friend! :p
I hear he is secretly heightening

pass the girl my phone number cuase ill need a new touring partner. either that or give me a whip to drive cb up to hakuba more. nice writing and by the time you came back ill have the lines that you want sorted.

i want to camp above and around shirouma and tour some of those areas they look nice.