• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soub skiing isnt about just skiing perfect snow. Skiing is about way more than that. I dont quit once the powder is gone. Sking corn trees is surreal. They arent always good and the days they are you are lucky to get them.

huh

that really makes me want to post some summer stoke thumbsdown.gif

But for those of you that enjoy it

Here is a bit of what I did ski

Started in the upper right

ladysummerskitracksjm9.jpg

I've been up to lots. Been busy so have not been on the net so much other than email and keeping my blog up to date.

I've graduated and am moving up to the northwest corner of BC for a teaching gig in a tiny little 500 person village. I'm super stoked to experience the north

No worries Soub. Nice skis and line. Ride it switch into the living room

The general lack of excitment and imagination for the pursuit of the endless season has kept me away over the past year. And I guess the fact that I don't live there anymore...

Just a local peak in my hometown FT

When are you back in Canada?

well, skiing late spring and summer snow ain't my bag, but i'm glad to see that people are still enjoying it. as long as you are having fun, that's all that matters in my books

it's easy to start a pissing contest about how good the snow is and how epic the terrain was (i do it all the time). at the risk of sounding incredibly naff, the best skier is the one having the most fun. it's cool being out in marginal conditions and seeing someone whizz past with a massive grin on their face

Anyone use the dipotres (or whatever they are called - magnifying filters?!) on a lens? I heard it is a cheap way to "get macro", though obviously not as good as a lens and light issues come into play.

I have a Nikon D40x and use one of those 'filters' to get some closeups. It works well when there is lots of light, though I would imagine a proper macro lens would be fun to have. My budget doesn't stretch that far though unfortunately.