• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: NPM
I have the D70. I have the 18-70 kit lens ... I want to get a nicer, fatter zoom. What do you reckon I should get Kuma, Bushy??? I favour the Nikon lenses.

what do you mean by nicer, fatter zoom? a longer zoom or a higher quality replacement for the 18-70?

Going back to filters, what other filters do any of you guys have? I was looking in Bic the other day and they have all sorts of filters going on - crosslight (?), twilight blue, etc...

I have an old Pentax and used to have a darkroom in my house. Nothing like developing those prints yourself, those were the days. I haven't splashed out on a new digital SLR but thinking about it. I have about 5 filters including a twilight one (got some great shots from that one), though with the way people use software to adjust shots on their pcs now not sure if people with new cameras use them. (Do you?)

A lot of Nikon fans on here I see.

just make sure you have the daylight/UV filter to protect the lens. Apart from a polarizer, I don't need any other filter as the WB on the camera can do the job.

Discover the capabilities of your camera before buying what may be redundant add-ons from the3 film days.

This is not night vision and can't even really do that kind of stuff. All it does is cuts all light in the spectrum except for IR light. Makes for very dark pics, needing long exposure times.

yeah, a different thing. IR lense blocks all but IR light. Like this...

96224959_ab674a2d97.jpg

96224955_bb7d79af2a.jpg

But what I really want to do (which requires a bit of photoshop magic), is get shots like these...

r72_gardens.jpg

dreamland.jpg

ir5.jpg