• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm not very technical but I really do like that lens. It allows me to get those wide angle shots and also some really close up ones. Fantastic results all the time so far. I haven't noticed the lens cap falling off at all kumapix btw.

the hood swivels easily. I like the pro ones which have a locking mechanism. I've knocked that hood off a bunch of times. Worst was at the top of a bc run and the thing rolled down the entire slope. That was after I dropped a glove and a camera bag!

i picked them all up. I dropped the glove first and I had to do a couple of turns to pick it up. Then the bag, same story. So instead of blasting down I had to do a few turns, pick something up. repeat.

it's on video though so now it's funny. At the time it ruined my run

Today I bought a remote control. I got home and found that it does not work for the D200.

Tomorrow I will go back and get one of the bigger ones which says it works for the D200. Twice the price.

The good thing about choosing a system which many people you know are using is cos you can scab things off them. Like a friend who gave me a Sigma 18-155 which I quickly passed on to somebody else. And the remote control I bought last night which I gave to a friend ‘cos it wasn’t one my camera could use.

Also, you can try out their kit to help you decide which lens to buy. I trialed several lenses lent to me but I’m still hanging on for a good retail price.

Finally, the best part is getting tips on which functions to use to get a specific effect. Makes for endless discussion.