No the snow was pretty soft so we didn't use them

Axes were out though although even they were not needed so much

But then you never know

If we had been up there an hour or 2 earlier it would have been a sheet of ice

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my words although i had a good ski i had one of the worst hikes of my life.

Although i was up early and on time i just couldnt get out the door as planned. Started to break trail and was moving good but..I forgot to put my heel risers up which killed me on the first climb. My heart rate went over 140 I think.

That mistake came back to haunt me later in the climb. on the boot pack i just lost all my energy. I barely made it to the drop in point for the chute. I was so angry at myself for nearly destroying the day. It was such oa stupid mistake.

The ski down is what i wanted! it wa perfect corn snow except for toque entrance point, that was icy! The 30 degree bottom portion was sick good as well.

I would have liked to have seen that crazy guy ski that face though.

wooooooo beanie boy... cough... mr. toque... you need a light sabre, not an ice axe baby - you should battle this guy next time for the line!!!

seriously though, this guy was alone?? do you know he DIDNT make one mistake and die??

and WHICH face did he ski???

Nice J-dude that was on the summit just ahead of me. He started hiking around the time we did. All in red with new Salomon pocket rockets. I've seen him in the BC a couple times. Rides on Spats and pocket rockets. From Niigata.

He was going to ski the face just above Janus77

but the last bit of the hike we kept hearing rocks and snow falling off of it (it's east facing so is in the sun for a long time) so at the summit he said that maybe he would ski something safer.

sock_monkey_7.JPG

Sorry dudes - i'm on front of a different computer right now - my photos are on my mac and need to be reduced and i think the pesky internet people cut me off (uhhh ooops) - but i have made a folder called "happozawa for SJ" and will get them up asap - i'll see FT tonight and sort out the size thing, put them on my memory stick and tomorrow post them on SJ.