TR: Karamatsu and Happo-zawa with the boys and girl

Saturday from the forums FT, AK77, EBC and I went out to ski something fun.

AK, EBC and another dude skied Happo-zawa and FT and I skied a cool line of Karamatsu

Hell lets put all the pictures from the bbq if you have them on this thread

Pictures to come

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toque sitting down our line is pretty much where his fore-head is

fattwins_62.jpg

the between the skis shot

fattwins_64.jpg

Toque heading towards the first safe zone

fattwins_63.jpg

Me Sking towards the fog line

fattwins_61.jpg

Death Valley

fattwins_60.jpg

Notes great trip and great ski. I was angry at myself for hiking too fast to early. I nearly didnt make the line because I made a stupid early mistake like that.

Dammit

I just spent all that time uploading a bunch of pictures you already put up

But here we go

Came out of the thick fog to this view. Hakubayari over to Hakuba Norikura

toque_199.jpg

By-passing a load of good lines to get to one of the best ones

toque_204.jpg

I dropped in from the side into a quick safe area an then skied a bit before letting FT have a go

toque_203.jpg

toque_213.jpg

toque_202.jpg

Out of the fog and into avy debris hell. At least it was soft. Traversing and trying to find some good snow that wasn't covered in avy debris

toque_206.jpg

After FT called me an idiot for not taking my skis off he nearly fell over the ledge trying to hike around me

toque_214.jpg

Spring has come and that means dirt skiing season

toque_209.jpg

toque i cant post any pics till later so if you have time giver. ebc make a member page, reduce you photo sizes and then upload them. if you dont understand how to do it ill come by tomorrow and show you how to do it.

And that's that from our part of the trip

We skinned from the top of Happo and I made it to the summit in 4 hours. Probably could have been quicker but we were saddened by the heavy fog in the first bit.

I skied about 1900metres vertical by "skiing" directly off of the summit of Karamatsu. FT only got 1880 vert by not skiing off the summit :p

It was really fun and a good start to the spring skiing season

AK77 and EBC have pictures of their ski and I hope will share them with us later

Yes will do, have some amazing pictures... Saturday was just epic - fast snow, good lines and quite a steep drop in at Happozawa - then tons of avalanche debris to cross, which was really interesting - documented almost the entire thing with photos. Will do it all later, when i have a bit more time - but also my internet connection at home may be cut... ahem... i didn't pay the bill yet... emm oops. Anyway, boys your photos look amazing, the snow looks unbelievable up there - don't think i could have made a 4 hour hike (maybe 5 or 6 hours for me haha) but one day...

FT - glad to see you were skiing on dirt too - on the hike out i was like "yo boys, don't tell FT i walked across this with the wife's skis on" - actually didnt walk across as much dirt as you are in that pic... which way did you go????!!! confused.gif only one or two times on a little bit of dirt.