Resorts in Europe / US / Canada - weekend vs weekday

I have a question for everyone with experience of riding in places other than Japan. You know how here the weekdays are often, er, not busy but then the weekend comes and the places is packed out. Is that similar everywhere, or does lucky gaijin overseas with their "ability to take decent length holidays" mean that there's not that much of a difference?

Prety much same everywhere. Weekends =longer lines. I will say this that the lines in Japan are not that bad.

Europe on the weekend can be really bad. Large funnel like lift controls mean a bad scene. Practice your elbow tecnique.

States lines are long but organized.

Ski weekdays if you can

Weekends in Japan are like weekdays everywhere else

Very few lineups here at all from my experience

I've never done Europe but North America it's not unusual on a weekend to wait 10-30 minutes at a popular resort

But the good thing is that it's easier to get away fro the crowds once you get to the top in NA if you know what you are doing

Actually in many resorts in Europe have Saturday as the slowest day of the week.

As most people have a 1 week vacation booked starting on Saturday and leaving on Saturday. So most people arrive early afternoon and don't go skiing for the day same as people leaving early Saturday morning.

If the resort is close to a large city then Saturdays can be busy.

The worst day of the week is Sunday as most skilessons start + you have the weekenders.

The majority of people going on a wintersports break/ vacation in Europe aren't dedicated skiers and snowboarders, but people who just want to enjoy things (apres-ski, a good suntan and possibly but not necessarily some skiing/boarding). So European resorts can be busy throughout the week.

Sanno

Alot of the areas around Austria get alot of day skiers from places like Munich. Areas like Kitzbuhel and the Kaiser on the weekend are like a zoo. Mid week there is no croud.

In France Where there seem to be more week long holidays i might agree with you.

Who wants to go to Kitzbuhel anyway!

But that is exactly what I mean near larger cities. From Munich many people have cabins in austria where they go to for the weekend or go to Austria just for a day. Still a little further away in Austria like Serfaus, Fiss and even Mayrhofen aren't as busy on Saturdays as on Friday.

On the other side in France places like Chamonix, Les2Alpes and Alp d'Huez can get very crowded on Saturdays.

When it's almost in your backyard. Was living just south of Rosenheim. The Kaiser and Kitz were easy trips down the road. was maybe 20 min to scheafu in the Kaiser and a little bit more to Kitzbuhel. Was really an awesome place to live with the alps right out the balconey.

yes and no. It totally depends, on weekdays, sometimes is pretty empty, but during summer, spring or winter vacation weekdays, there will be packs of teenagers at the slope. So it depends on the time of year you go, but on average. In America and Canada resorts weekdays rock! Weekends you'll have wait average 6-10mins at the lift.

the smaller out of the way resorts are not too bad on the weekend. but if you are within a two hour drive of any major city centre you can be sure to wait at the base. certainly in the morning. it generally desperses once you get out onto the mountain.