• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
Are you sure about that Gamera
I thought I had heard about people eating Kamoshika. I bet they taste really good.
Maybe in some region people might do but anyway they are natural monuments to be protected.
I'm not sure they are yummy or not.
Toque have you ever eaten Antelopes in Canada?

I didn't even know we had Antelope in Canada but I googled it and found them in the prairies. We can hunt them there

This is their range: Antilocapra americana occurs from southern Alberta and southern Saskatchewan, Canada through the western United States to Hidalgo, Baja California, and western Sonora, Mexico.

antelope2.jpg

medium.jpg

I'm surprised that you can't hunt Kamoshika here then Gamera. There are certainly enough of them out there.

They have much longer horns than kamoshika, Toque. I wonder if that guy in the pic keeps it or it's a wild one?

Not sure if there's enough kamoshika here or not. Maybe titmice, check-a-dees are "enough" here, but not sure if we have "enough" kamoshika or not. They are not what we can find whenever we walk around the mountains. They don't make a group, usually live alone or just with mom while they are kids.

I hear some local ppl here hunt bears, wild ducks and wild gooses though.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
I'm amazed at how the little fellas can still move around easily when they are nose-deep in snow!
No bushpig, I think it had more like a hard time to escape from a bear (KUMApix) not to be eaten. :p

Muikabochi, pay attention at monkeys, they are wild and agressive especially if you hold any food in your hand!

I was attacked by an adult monkey when I was 5 years old as I held a box of caramel in my hand. My mom gave me a warning to hide it but this handful boy didn't listen to his mom and attacked. It was very scary trauma even now.

\:\(