Just wondering if anyone who is out this end of Japan has been up to the snow yet. If so, how was it? Particularly interested in Mizuho (Shimane) or Geihoku (Hiroshima). I don't wanna head up if it's not too good yet. I have already checked the online info, but want to hear some first hand reports if there are any.

Yeah, good call CB. Thinking of heading up on Monday though. Marking day at school, so can piss off and get the less busy weekday crowd.

Yeah, Big-will. That's about it for me for this area. Almost always Mizuho and sometime Geihoku.

Where you at TheOrange?? I'm on the northern side of the city.

Mizuho looks the goods at the moment.

All mountain side open and 95% of Valley and with snow forecast all week and freezing temps, I'd hazard a guess that it's one of those "Not to be missed chances" out here in the sticks.

I can't get there for 2 weeks yet. Frustrating.

Do you guys go often seeing you are less than an hour from some pretty OK places???

Go a bit mate. I try to get away somewhere else for some sort of holiday, and then do maybe 5 or 6 times down this way.

You're in Takamtsu right? Do you come down this way or up to Hyogo?

Let us know next time you are heading out.

Bush P - be in the area from 31st for a few days altho with a ton of kids and others. (I whined about it on another thread). But if you're about we could catch up.

Griller - I'd say today @ Mizuho would be blowing, freezing and dumping dry, dry, stuff that could be enjoyed by anyone anywhere. \:D

sorry snobee. Heading to Hakuba over new years. Next time eh!

Griller, as Snobee said, when it is snowing it is not too bad. But you generally don't get the big powder dumps like central/northern Japan. More than enought to enjoy from time to time though happyglass.gif

Well, I went up to Mizuho Highland today and it had more snow than I have seen there even in the middle of winter! Being a weekday there weren't too many around either which pretty much made it "my gelende" (to borrow a Japanese phrase).

giphsub_6.jpg

giphsub_5.jpg

giphsub_4.jpg

giphsub_3.jpg

giphsub_2.jpg

giphsub_1.jpg

great pics, bushpig. was the lighting just like at or was that due a setting of your camera? it's almost eerie, esp in the 2nd and 3rd pics from the bottom.

i'd never heard of mizuho before and looked it up. eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif wow it is in very western japan!

looks like a fun day

yeah, was great for my first time out for the season. Even got to hit a few of the tree runs which aren't open all that often (not enough snow).

That was the natural lighting. Up on top when I took those couple, the sun came out just for a brief few moments. Otherwise it was a pretty dark day. Pretty clear air, just heavy higher cloud cover. Could even see the Sea of Japan, but didn't get any good shots.

I'm glad you had a "my gelende" day.

Looks pretty damn perfect conditions. \:D

Dizzy - maybe Bushies camera, but I've sometimes experienced weirdish light there. Black clouds rolling in from the N-NW off the Japan sea while the sun can be shining at your back. I guess can happen anywhere, but maybe the location amplifies it a bit.

Wish I wuz there. \:\(