One of my mates wanted to ski a steep area. We got a bit lost in the white out so... We had 2 choices one ski down further and maybe have to hike out in nipple deep snow. or traverse sideways out, due to depth i thought it was a wise choice.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
With all that snow all over the friggin' shop, was it really it necessary to go hiking? Or is it just force of habit...?
Needed to find a little more angle
And skiing cut runs gets boring even if there is powder on them. No natural features to play on.

Yes Toque, that's me.

Plain black and grey all the way.

I like the balaclava for riding powder, toasty warm and good protection for face-shots.

Riding cut runs can be a bit of a drain after a while. Nice to be able to have some steeper/quieter spots. Hiking is healthy.

No worries FT, that's a fair question.

I think that the terrain at Kagura is tamer on average than what you can get at Hakuba. The bc runs that are done the most often (easily accessible) are generally laid-back. There are much steeper areas but they are harder to get to and harder to get out of and/or tend to slide. Otherwise you have some steepish groomed slopes at Kagura/Tashiro.

That is of course based on my limited knowledge of both Kagura and Hakuba.

I think a better comparison/opinion could be made if you with your knowledge of Hakuba compared notes with Montoya and his knowledge of Kagura.

Quote:
Originally posted by montoya:
sorry SerreChe, maybe I should've tilted the camera more, eh?
Montoya, no need, it is just a very nice pic the way it is! ;\)

I was thinking about you guys today and the blast you must be having. Looks like it is gonna keep on dumping as well overnight...

I saw some other of your pics when you were breaking trail in deep powder a day or two ago, must have been hard work.

If the wind dies down, could be great conditions tomorrow.