Hakuba Lodging and ticketprices? (Gaijin needs help...)

Hello to the board.

Been lurking here once in a while, and now that i finaly have the plane tickets in the pocket, it is time to start to ask some questions.

Ok.

So,the better half and me are arriving to hakuba area from europe on the 17th of november.

I have been narrowing down few lodging options and have rounded up the few(two) best.

Since the trip is kind of our honeymoon,we opted not do bunk in the cheapes guesthouses (we have done our share of that... \:\) )

1.Gakutoh Japanese lodge (next to Mominoki hotell)

With breakfast and dinners the price is something like

230.000 for two and 12 nights in a japanese room.

The place looks nice but how about the situation?

It is quite hard to try to figure out the location relative to everything..Is this how closer to happo one or goryu?

2.The other option would be Hotell Bergland.

Same deal,breakfast and dinner + they would have the lift tickets for Hakuba47+Goryu for 12 days too. For a extra 2000 yens you can change the ticket for Happo-One.

Price is around 315.000ys.

Place looks nice too,but since we´ll prolly be most intrested in sking in happo one,that location is a bit off from there? Or?

Second part of the question is is there a site where you can find out the ticket prices? Have found few obscure sites that state the price for one day ticket,or max.3days.

But since we are staying there for 12-13 days,wich tickets are the best to buy if we ski mainly on happo one and some romps around goryu and 47?

Thanks in advance!

Edit : Oh yeah. If anyone happen to know a good lodging around Happo One, please let me know. I prolly reserve the lodging next week. Like,japanese style tatami rooms,2person rooms and running water would be nice...

the first lodge is a 5 minute walk away from happo.

prices are pretty much 4500 a day average with a small discount for a 3 day pass. id by the 3 day passes and you can switch around to as well. the mominoki has a big shuttle bus stop so the access from there to goryu is not a problem. also the iwatake shuttle runs from the mominoki. It is a public shuttle so get on da bus

Meathehelmet,

Hakuba Alpine resort 4 day pass - 15,600yen

Valid for Happo, Iwatake and Tsugaike

Hakuba Alpine resort 3 day pass - 12,000yen

Happy 7 pass ( 2 days pass) - 8,500 yen

Valid for Happo, Iwatake, Goryu &47, Highland, Minekata and Sun-Alpine Sanosaka.

This pass requires you to use one in a continuous 2 days.

Hakuba Goryu & 47 5day pass ( weekdays only ) -15,000 yen

This Goryu & 47 pass doesn't require you to use the pass for a 5 consecutive days, you can use one like on Mon, Wed, Fri next Tue and Thursday.

But you can not use one on Sats, Suns and National holidays.

Quote:
Gaijin needs help...
Don't worry, you'll never be biten!

\:\)

Super!

Thanks for the info.

Seems we´ll go for the Gakutoh with dinners only for few nights.

The ticket thingy is god to know too.

5 day passes+something for the weekends, skinnign around or just searching for the snowmonkeys,if it gets too crowded..

How about the japanese holidays? Do you have this winter semester thingy? Is the circus as bad or worse than in europan resorts in february?

In my experience things aren't that bad until the 30th of December or thereabouts. Most companies start closing around Dec 28/29th and then the floodgates open. Chrismas eve & day are a weekend this year so they could be busy.

Gamera-san, I think MeatHelmet meant to ask whether the slopes were as crowded as europe in february during the school ski holidays.

Hakuba can get really crowded even during the week in feb after the uni students have taken their exams and hit the slopes.

I have not skied in Europe for a while, but it is still much better than Europe in feb I would say.

Quote:
Originally posted by SerreChe:
Gamera-san, I think MeatHelmet meant to ask whether the slopes were as crowded as europe in february during the school ski holidays.
Yep, that was what i was after.

Good to know that the situation is not as chaotic than on this side of the pond..

SC,thanks for the info!

Does anybody have a link to a clear and presentive map of the happo area?Like a normal map where you see the roads and stuff? The maps i´ve found are really cryptic and dont show a shnit..

Have you guys gotten the season on? Things are apparently shaping up rather nicely there?

Yurop is getting its own share too,few week ago it looked bleak,but now things are cooking up just fine.
Face shots in austria couple days ago were nice...
  • 2 months later...

6 hours untill the flight takes off...

Whooo!

So,if you happen to se a black/green dude with gotamas come and say hi.

If i manage to ski,that is... \:\(

Back from the doctor...blown disc in the back.

Shite.

But, i´m gonna try and if skiing is impossible, well, i´ll be at the onsens sucking down some Kirin...