Thanks for everyone's help!

One question, is New Chitose(CTS) where the Ice Festival will be held? because I am planning to check it out in Feb after boarding in Niseko? or is the Ice Festival at the other airport, I hope not.

Quote:
Originally posted by fb_steve:
AND a Mos burger! yuck
Mos burger is probably one of the best "fast food chains" in Japan, IMHO.

Go to the ice festival early is what Ive often heard. I saw it the day before it opened and on the 1st day a few years back. Glad to go but think if youre flying up there around that time that prices are just ludicrous.

If you dont have a hotel rez far in advance then another option would be a capsule hotel or a love hotel, just go early so you can be sure you get one...

Thanks guys, so the Ice Festival is in the New Chitose area then. 1/2 hour train ride to Airport from the airport ain't too bad.

MOS Burger, haven't had it yet, I'll check it out.

Hotel is a pain right now, can't find much, besides the over price $200+ a night hotels.

Hopefully find a reasonable price hotel soon!

Quote:
Originally posted by misorano:
The love hotel idea may be the best idea. Rock up at about 10PM and take the room for the night.
Ummm, when i went they were filling up quickly by 6pm eek.gif eek.gif

we had to walk out to some place (?)North of susukino I believe.

thanks Sakebomb for the link to Keio Plaza Hotel, how far is that hotel to Odari Park or downtown Sapporo?

I am thinking about booking this hotel:

http://www.plaza-sapporo.or.jp/sgh

The lodge house said its 30min subway ride to Odari Park. But with most of the hotel already all book up. That might be only several lodging options. I need hotel for the 2/8-2/9.

Price are pretty good, but around the same as Keio Plaza.

How much are the love hotel per night? But then again, no reservation and got to take a chance, and hope they are not all book already.

Plus another problem is that I'll be heading to the Ice Festival after Niseko, so I'll be carrying my board bag and suitcase with me. Which will be a pain to carry around and looking for hotel.

You may want to stay in Chitose. The rooms are cheaper and just catch the train up to Sapporo. Try the ANA or the Nieko.

The down side is there is not much in Chitose. There is a small bar district and a new outlet mall.