U mean Happo? Had a pass at 47/goryu the last two seasons but there are way too many people in the liftlines as well as the trees now and ski patrol there is wack. Heard the backcountry access at Tsugaike is great but if there aint no pow i wanna have a decent park to play in.

Tsugaike was going to make a park last year right at the start of the year. Problem one no snow so they focused on other things.

Tsugaike makes 2 parks one midget park down low a spin maybe and a jump. The other park is at the very top. last year they had a half pipe 5 to 8 kickers and some rails. Problem was the park and pipe really didnt get goin till the end or middle of Febuary.

Like I said the plans got bunged up due to weather. the park from jmid jan to mid feb had 1 or 2 kickers a box and a rail.

Come spring every year mid march to close the tsugaike park gives the 47 park a run for its money, but only late season.

Last season Tsugaike patrol had to do a big rescue in the BC so they will be stricter this year. The rescue cost the person 130000 yen and he didnt pay yet. They are pissed I think.

Norikura or tengupara get quite a few tracks so you better go early for the BC there.

I buy a pass there cause Its the cheapest place for me to teach sking at and the terrain is prefect for lessons

No difference in lift lines to be honest. In fact, they're probably worse. Tsugaike gets lots of beginners and families with kids.

The patrol are not very cooperative, shall we say.

If you're coming by car, there's much more parking at 47, all of which is free. The Tsugaike park is higher up the mountain, but isn't really established as a selling point for the resort unlike 47's is. It has the potential to be good, but its a bit early to say.

• 2 weeks later...