My gripe isn’t so much with Howard but with the general short to mid term approach to governing the country that both sides of politics often display. Winning the next election often seems to be their principal motivation. I wouldn’t vote for Howard, but like or loath him you have to admit that he has displayed some remarkable resilience in what by most accounts is a pretty grubby business. Then again, perhaps that is more of a reflection of the quality in the opposition.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. A 3 year plan is about the best you can expect from our politicians. The water issue you mentioned earlier is a prime example. I live right on the coast and we get absolutely bucketted with rain. Th e farms 30 km inland can't even get enough rain to add a inch to there domestic water tanks. Surely with some long range thinking we could conquer this problem. We have some of the best engineering people in the world right here.

I wonder if the problem existed in Japan ,I think they would find a solution sooner rather than later. Not really sure what you and I can do about it.

Well we have certainly strayed off the Niseko Backcountry thread somewhat, which I am also very interested in.

Enough of the world problems.

• 9 months later...

Oops it looks like my post didn't come out as expected! Don't know what happenred there.

What I meant to post was (I think):

Winning the election is sadly the principal motivation. Is anywhere different? Howards resiliance is almost annoying.

Mantas - where abouts are you on the coast?

The top lifts get to within 100m of the peak. I'm pretty happy to do the 20min walk to the top where you can always find some fresh lines back down. Main reason they'll probably never build a lift to the peak is that it would be closed so often due to the wind.