G'day,

I have been trying my best to reseach about the hakuba area and all its resorts, but as my japanese reading is quite limited i havent got too far, on the hakuba 47 website it says it has a season pass that allows 7 other resorts in japan, is it talking about in the hakuba area as such? can anyone clarify this for me please \:\) ?? ..

I am going to be in hakuba for a month or more, because im stayin a while i dont think i could afford to go on day trips with my appetite for boarding.. so i think i will invest in a season pass.. which season pass would be the best in your oppinion? (like most resorts, best selection etc.. or is there one for all of them in hakuba? \:\) )

thanks in advance ;\)

Benny

oh yeah forgot to mention this will be my first overseas trip other than NZ, an NZ sucked when i was there..

Therefore being an aussie (not a rowdy-town runing type one hehe) i havent ever boarded powder really, or much off site stuff an never really done massive vertical steeps, but im willing to take steps to get into that type of stuff right off the cuff... So any suggestion of what resort would suit me?

Quote:
Originally posted by SnowBenny:
im willing to take steps to get into that type of stuff right off the cuff...
They don't have steps in Japan, they have lifts
ahahahahaha clap.gif

not funny \:\(

They dont have many "massive vertical steeps" either. The terrain you found in NZ will have been better - but the snow you find here will be much much better.

Also if you want to go to Hakuba you may run into some patrol "issues".

Thanks, reading that helped a bit.. maybe i came out wrong, i will be happy with just some powder an some mad fun groomers.. i dont really mind if i dont have to duck any ropes i guess.. Hell i will just be happy to be in japan an have somewhere to board heh ;\)

Cortina is about as steep As you will find anywhere in the world. It has no drops though.

If you dont have a car it is not an option.

Capt. The patrol can be out there but there are plenty of steep runs to be had around hakuba. If you can check out landmade 3, it will show you what you shouldve seen. At Hakuba it doesnt take much to find runs over 40 degrees but be prepared for it please. The runs like guririzawa we give 4000 vertical but can kill you on the wrong day.

47 will have a pass for 45000 before october that is your best bet. Buy a beacon and some gear stay at snobeds and ask mitch for a tour. If you get a mitch tour you will find nothing but 40 degree lines.

Happo has a pass and has the best inbounds terrain in the area. the seasons pass is 70000 yen I think. But this gives you access to safer powder than the BC/OB powder.

Capt. please come down this way one day in your travels and i will show you dream lines.

look at what is in the background

blpic40725.jpg

Id like this one:

http://www.mt6.jp/

taken from this old thread:

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/4086.html?

I already cant wait for winter... the thought of getting a season pass this year is def a no brainer...Just whether to get it at Tsugaike or the Mt. 6 for Happo, Shiga, Nozawa, Myoko etc which I plan on hittin all of those resorts this upcoming season.

Woke up this morning and thought I was lookin down a sick line with 40cm of freshies on it \:D

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
dude the mt6 is a lottery. Im thinking about kayaking so much im not that worried about sking. Id still like to do both in the same day one day though.
I know, and Im gonna get it too :p

Im still thinking bout breakfast...who needs kayaking...
 Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
I havent been able to poop for 3 days and I feel like a bloated dead body.
Does anybody else here on this forum think thats just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much information? shifty.gif

Eat some bananas mate - theyll help your system.