I'm sorry it's Japanese but seems like 4 slopes, Yunomine, Mizunashi, Ushikubi, Karasawa2 and 7 lifts will be closed.

Quote:
一部ゲレンデ閉鎖も 民営化後の野沢温泉スキー 580; 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

下高井郡野沢温泉村は、民営化後の野沢温泉ス 461;ー場の在り方を示した「基本構想報告書」をまと め、11日に全戸配布する。利用者の減少に伴い 289;一部ゲレンデの閉鎖やリフトの運休などを示すと ともに、ふもとに交通ターミナルを整備して利便 615;を高めるとしている。

報告書は、スキー場の市場調査の専門家らでつ 367;るプロジェクトチームがまとめた。

来シーズン以降の運営基本計画として、現在あ 427;20ゲレンデ・コースのうち、スキー場上部の「 湯の峰」「水無」「牛首」、山ろくの「柄沢第2 301;の4ゲレンデ・コースを閉鎖。ふもとの「長坂・ 向林ゲレンデ」は連絡用として使用する。これに 512;わせ、閉鎖ゲレンデにあるリフトなど7本を運休 。上部の初心者向けゲレンデに向かうゴンドラか 289;リフトを休日のみの運行とする。

交通ターミナルを設けるのは長坂ゴンドラ駅周$ 794;で、駐車場が設けられない場合はシャトルバスを 運行するとしている。

同スキー場の利用者は92-93年の110万 154;余をピークに減少し、04-05年は前シーズン と同じ38万人余だった。村は03年、スキー場 398;経営健全化を目指して民営化を検討する経営検討 委員会を設置。同委員会は04年8月、04-0A 301;年シーズン終了後に、スキー場の資産などは村が 保有し、経営は村や北信州みゆき農協などが出資 377;る第3セクターが行う「上下分離方式」での民営 化を提言した。

これを受けて村は「スキー場経営会社設立準備 250;」を発足。民営化へのビジョンを探るため、プロ ジェクトチームを設けた。村は「ピーク時と同規 169;で運営するのは無理がある。村営で続けられない 現状を理解してほしい」としている。

• 1 month later...

I'm following this topic.

The new president is Kawano Hiroaki, immediate past chairman of Nozawa onsen ski club. The chief manager of ski resort is Kawano Mikio, village mayor of Nozawa.

They are going to make new company but village still makes a 25 percent investment and village mayor is double as manager.

It sounds like they just changed the source of the money a little bit and for good or bad, Nozawa onsen ski resort will be same as before.

what lifts are closing again?

ok the skinny is this. the middle flat section of nozawa will close. close in the sense that there will be no lifts there. Too be honest there was only short run there anyways. the access to the main ridge will be kept. some of the areas that have 2 lifts covering the same terrain will be closed. I think the long karasawa terrain will be closed. This will cut the 3km slope to 1.5km of a 15 degree easy slope. Basically all Nozawa needs are 5 lifts. stand-up gondola, skyline access lift, the 2 yamabiko lifts, and either the sit down gondola or the return lift to the stand up gondola. these alone make the whole mountain skiable.

The plan as I see it cuts costs but keep the mountain fully skiable. The racing only mountain need to be opened full on too.

Before

the pics show what I think might be closed. blpic43681.jpg

After

blpic43682.jpg http://www.biglines.com/photos/blpic43682.jpg