there are so many in Europe, specially in the french alps; there are many many good ones if there is snow (not much now), if not, choose the highest such as val thorens or val d'isere/tignes; if yes, you have smaller resorts with very nice atmosphere (clubs..); then, for the ride, it depends if you do ski or snowboarding, freeriding or freestyle, etc etc!

Telluride, Colorado is always a great place 2B. i'd also add Heavenly Resort @ Lake Tahoe, California/Nevada to the list and Jackson Hole, Wyoming is gaining popularity (always been a cool town)

Party in S.Lake Tahoe hit the snow in Kirkwood and stay clear of Heavenly.

Val Thorens and Les 2 Alpes have good clubs and great skiing

Cham is always fun, but everyone seems to be there for the powder so soon everything is gone. Same for St. Anton, although Lech usually keeps freshies longer.

Park City has a good night scene and skiing in the Canyons. Also the combined skipass for Alta/Snowbird is great for skiers. (You can board down in Alta but you won`t be able to get on a lift there when you have a snowboard on your feet). SLC has some goods clubs.

Best place I've been by a longshot is Alta. Most snow (1300cm/yr+), driest snow, sickest terrain -- a lot of it requiring a short hike to keep beaters away, best skiiers, lots of telemarkers, good vibe (and still relatively cheap). If you wanna spend the money, the Alta/Snowbird pass is probably the best concentraion of terrain in N. America.

My 2 cents.

happyhappy,

Alta's in Utah, not far from Park City, the site of many 2002 Olympic events. It's in a different valley with its own microclimate, so it gets more than 200cm more snow than Park City does. Headin' there in a couple weeks, and I'm pumped.

BTW, where you at in Gifu? I used to be there, but not anymore... " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />