I seem to remember a similar thread a long while back, but here goes anyway.

Echo Valley near Chino. They take money for everything, including for being a snowboarder (you gotta pay a 1,000 yen license fee or borrow a mate's 'license'). They're really a ski-place that would dearly love to ban boarders but can't bring themselves to do it.

While I really liked the off-piste terrain at Cortina, the pistes aren't very good, and the attitude of the patrol and lift guys stinks. They do their damndest to keep you out of the good stuff, while adopting that pathetic hypocritical tone of sympathy. 'Yeah, we know how you feel, we like off-piste too, but if you do it again, we'll take your ticket'.

Went twice did you ronaldo? smile.gif

I had a bad few days at Zao, although it wasn't really resort related.

That belongs to Nakazato in Yuzawa - small family and school outing type place my Japanese buddies took me to.

A "is this it" feeling overwhelmed me after about - ooh - 10 minutes.

For me it is NASPA. Looks big, but really small, runs too shallow and short. Firends of mine had free tickets, but I felt I wasted a day there.

I don't like Nozawa.

I know most people do, but I find there a small choice of runs that suit my skills - upper beginner/lowe intermediate.

Nice little village tho

LiquidX, I know exactly what you mean there. I had just the same feeling about the place, until I started riding off piste. Once you get your powder feet though, there's terrain there to suit all levels.

Oh dear! I have been to both Niseko and Rusutsu and loved both. However, I am planning my trip for the next season and my friend in Japan suggested that I join him to go to Teine. He lives in Sapporo and recommends it. Now I am having my doubts!