This is just a crazy idea; never tried it before.

For those with an adventurous soul who like to go off the piste. How about buying a cheap "one-trip only" pass and hiding your real one-day or one-week or whatever pass you have in some obsure pocket or in some obscene place. Then when you are caught by the ski-patrol and they ask for your ski pass, you just hand them the "one-trip" one. For those places where the one-trip pass is submitted once you take the ski-lift, even better; you don't even need to buy one, just conceal your real pass and swear that you used a one-trip pass once you are caught.

Furthermore, to avoid being recognized after you have been caught once, have a few "ice-hockey" jerseys of different designs which you can slip on over your ski-jacket and voila!...metamorphosis!

Anyone actually have to give a pass up before? What happened?

"nihongo o hanashimasen, gomen nasai"

I got caught in a sting one time for getting on a chair without a pass. They took me to the security office and threatened to call the police and press trespassing charges if I didn't pay a fine, etc etc. It was major BS. I paid it. My buddy didn't and nothing ever happened to him.

Just ply dumb and say sorry. Im not going to spend extra money for insurance. Good trick a buddy and me ski together and our wives come and ski sometimes with us or not. When we get clipped we trade passes with the wives. As long as the same patroller doesnt get you youll be fine.