• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually.....recently I gave up trying to keep the growth in check. So..I raked everything level and flat and layed down some black underlay and topped it all with a couple a yards of "jari" gravel..

Not sure what you mean there, Metabo? I should measure up the stuff before I decide to buy? Not practical when I'm buying online from a distant place, and surely that's not my job?

Like I said I didn't really consider this before, it was seeing a different company mention the subject that got me thinking.

I feel that the Ibaraki company should really be at least bringing to attention the normal/low radioactive-ness of what they are selling.

I understand how they might not want to bring attention to the subject.

But if they did it clearly and honestly and there was absolutely no issue with their product - that would be fine.

But no mention at all seems, well, I don't know. It just raises question marks, and they lose brownie points.

Not sure what you mean there, Metabo? I should measure up the stuff before I decide to buy? Not practical when I'm buying online from a distant place, and surely that's not my job?

Ah, sorry, missed that you are buying online.

Like I said I didn't really consider this before, it was seeing a different company mention the subject that got me thinking.

I feel that the Ibaraki company should really be at least bringing to attention the normal/low radioactive-ness of what they are selling.

I understand how they might not want to bring attention to it. But if they did it clearly and honestly and there was absolutely no issue with their product - that would be fine.

But no mention at all seems, well, I don't know. It just raises question marks and they lose brownie points.

I agree it would probably be better marketing for them to advertise whatever measurements they have made, knowing that there will be people with questions.

But even if it were local or somewhere I could go to, I hardly expect to have to turn up with a geiger counter or whatever they're called to check that my to-be purchase is within safe limits.

:grandpa:

It sure is.

They probably either 1) don't think it is a problem themselves and think people will think the same or 2) think that people won't be checking where they are. Or a bit of both.

Like you said, maybe nothing but they should really probably be assuring customers of safety.