Am I going to be warm enough skiing in Hakuba

You must have been sweating hardcore?!

I've never heard of double paned doing that, but then again I haven't been in the right circles.

And maybe she's a cold fish. But probably not if she's sleeping in the car with him across the country ^_^

nope.....standing still actually

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Remember that Goz is doing Danchi right now.

Thank you Mama bear for your thoughts after reading your input my wife is going to look at contacts tomorrow., thanks

I like the Uniqlo stuff.

Only problem with non stretchy stuff is size. XL doesn't quite do it for me. Would love to be able to get some of those ultra light things in.

will check out their stores when I get to Tokyo,thanks

some people wear glasses under goggles and it works fine.

I only ever wear, thermals, pants, jacket, neck warmer, balaclava (thin) & Helmet.

On exposed lifts you can get a bit cold sometimes but the rest of the time it's fine.

I have never been in -40C though like they are having in Canada ATM.

Then all I have are socks, jocks, one pair of jeans, shirt, jacket, beanie, gloves and decent boots for walking around

I like the Uniqlo stuff.

Only problem with non stretchy stuff is size. XL doesn't quite do it for me. Would love to be able to get some of those ultra light things in.

I am the same. XL is a bit short for me . We went past a uniqlo in upmarket ginza that said they had bigger sizes but I didnt look.

some people wear glasses under goggles and it works fine.

I only ever wear, thermals, pants, jacket, neck warmer, balaclava (thin) & Helmet.

On exposed lifts you can get a bit cold sometimes but the rest of the time it's fine.

I have never been in -40C though like they are having in Canada ATM.

Then all I have are socks, jocks, one pair of jeans, shirt, jacket, beanie, gloves and decent boots for walking around

I've been in some pretty intense cold back in Canada and as long as it's not windy you can "get around" with typical winter wear..... I'm talking minimal house...car.....shopping....car ......house kind of getting around.. :lol:

With Heat Tech, only the waffly ones are full length in the sleeves. The rest are 9/10 length for wearing under ordinary shirts. Even at full length, the sleeves are quite short.

The Heat Tech material is also much more sheer than say Patagonia's, so you can't wear them as a single layer for mountain biking or hiking etc. without looking like the singer from Erasure. Patagonia's at discount are of course still three times the price of Heat Tech.

The Heat Tech material is also much more sheer than say Patagonia's, so you can't wear them as a single layer for mountain biking or hiking etc. without looking like the singer from Erasure.

:rollabout:

Good one!

Glasses under goggles are fine. I have OTG goggles and normal ones also, just make sure your glasses fit ok under the goggles. Make sure your glasses are not transition lenses cause they will fog inside the goggles.

You can order some Uniqlo stuff in 3XL or 4XL online, they don't have them in most of the shops.

I think it's all in Japanese though, need to battle that.

I did not know that, and didn't think to look.

Thank you. Just ordered one of those mad light jackets.

:thumbsup:

Glasses under goggles are fine. I have OTG goggles and normal ones also, just make sure your glasses fit ok under the goggles. Make sure your glasses are not transition lenses cause they will fog inside the goggles.

My wifes glasses are transtions,, glad we found that out, thanks.

You can order some Uniqlo stuff in 3XL or 4XL online, they don't have them in most of the shops.

I think it's all in Japanese though, need to battle that.

I did not know that, and didn't think to look.

Thank you. Just ordered one of those mad light jackets.

:thumbsup:

Thats what I want too. UL down vest.

This siteハードオフ秋葉原

thumbnail.png

3-11-2 Sotokanda, Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan ‎

+81 3-6206-4861 ‎

I wonder if anyone can tell me if this store in Kanda sells winter,gear. , WISH i COULD READ JAPANESE

hardoff.co.jp

I doubt this particular branch sells winter gear - its in Akihabara 'electronics town' and on the website it just says it has electronics stuff and so on. Looks like the nearest one to central Tokyo that might have skis and stuff would be the Oizumi Gakuen branch. Other possibles include the MItaka branch, the Koganei branch, the Hanakoganei branch and the Higashiyamato branch - all of them are in the western suburbs of Tokyo and could all be checked out in a day. I've never been to any of them so I don't know if they have skiing stuff, but the websites say they have sports and outdoor things.

I might have to look up online Goz. The XL full sleeved was 8000Y in store. If they're 4900Y for a new year sale or something I might have to bite.

Edit: I wont link but they definitely have full size UL for 5900Y right now. XL-4XL, although some colors are sold out of the biggest sizes. Some for 3900Y

The Ofuna branch sells snow gear as does the Fujisawa/Tsujido branch......but they are about 40-45 mins on the main Tokaido line south of Tokyo. Cost of the train is 950¥ 1 way

This siteハードオフ秋葉原

thumbnail.png

3-11-2 Sotokanda, Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan ‎

+81 3-6206-4861 ‎

I wonder if anyone can tell me if this store in Kanda sells winter,gear. , WISH i COULD READ JAPANESE

I doubt this particular branch sells winter gear - its in Akihabara 'electronics town' and on the website it just says it has electronics stuff and so on. Looks like the nearest one to central Tokyo that might have skis and stuff would be the Oizumi Gakuen branch. Other possibles include the MItaka branch, the Koganei branch, the Hanakoganei branch and the Higashiyamato branch - all of them are in the western suburbs of Tokyo and could all be checked out in a day. I've never been to any of them so I don't know if they have skiing stuff, but the websites say they have sports and outdoor things.

Thanks Mate, for your effort, will check them out, if I have time,Im staying in Nippori so that one was close, cheers