So, I just noticed my old gaijin card has expired and I must go to the immigration office and get the new ID card. I'm a permanent resident so I thought I could forgo the new card until 2015 but I'm sure since my current card is past due that would be a no-no. Anyway, how long did it take you folks here to get yours? Reason is ... time is tight before I go back to Canada for a visit in a few weeks. Man ,,, there's always something giving me stress...grr.. I heard it is issues on the same day but just wanted to check.

Thanks TB..... I get stressed about all that kind of stuff. You'd think I'd have learned by now not to just check important stuff like this 10 days before traveling outside the country. :doh:

Haha......2008 my brother got married and gave me 2 weeks notice....scrambled to get a flight.....totally forgot about re-entry permit....until an hour before going to bed the night before leaving.....I was crapping myself, made up an elaborate sob story to try and convince immigration at narita to issue me a re-entry.....wasn't needed, immigration took it and did it on the spot no q's no sob Story, in and out in 5 mins

Haha.....I'd be shitting bricks and sweating buckets. About 10 years or so ago I was freaking out when I noticed my passport had expired. It was on a Saturday when I noticed so I had all weekend to stew on how much trouble I was in. I called the embassy Monday morning and they were like.....meh...no worries... come on in and we'll fix you up..... :sj-lol:

So, I just noticed my old gaijin card has expired and I must go to the immigration office and get the new ID card.

[...]

time is tight before I go back to Canada for a visit in a few weeks.

Come to think of it, I don't remember ever being asked to show my card when going outside the country until about a year ago. Now they always ask to see it. Rule change?

Hey hey...!! Went to the immigration office this morning and from the time of submitting the application form to getting the card took all of about.......two minutes. Seriously, when they called my name I thought maybe I forgot to fill some part of the form in or something. Nope, done in literally minutes. No drama, no issues.. :wave: So what's the deal if you lose your card while out of the country or something... with now nothing written in your passport?? :confused:

You still get the visa put into your passport....the passport and valid ID card mean u don't need a re-entry permit. I recently got my visa amended to allow work for another company and they put the sticker in as usual

Canada truckin... I wish. Unless I put my truck in a container and send it ..I'm limited to wheeling at the offroad "Ski-jo like" parks here. It's fun but hardly anything adventurous.