Hello. I like clouds. Especially when they don't give me rain, do give me snow, and/or are mixed in with some blue skies.

But what about "The Cloud"? I have some photos uploaded there and I'm fine with that, but I am much more wary of using it for anything more than that.

Anyone using "The Cloud" (sounds kind of spooky doesn't it) for anything more than photos and the like? No worries about ownership/privacy/etc>?

Is 'The Cloud' a particular service or cloud services in general, drop box, drive, etc?

I use Google so all my emais and contacts are stored on a cloud service. Yes sometimes I worry about the privacy/security but for me the convenience out ways the concern.

I've been using dropbox for 5 or 6 years now. I find it really convenient and store most of my work files there so that I can access them from any device. They have a really good reputation and even with using it on a daily basis I've never experienced any kind of problem at all.

I used Dropbox for photos on my devices and sharing them. It's really cool. I don't feel inclined to use if for more though. Perhaps if I thought it through.

I am still on free but it's nearly full.

How much space do you use BM?

I use a lot of space actually. But since I've been on it for so long I have something like 16 gigs for free. I got all the extra free space by introducing it to other people. It's also really convenient if you want to share very large files with people. You can just send them a link to the folder with the file.

Technically if you use a web based email service than you are using a cloud service, right?

As for privacy I recently had an experience that both very concerning and convenient. I had a family member send me their flight itinerary then on the day of their flight 'google now' automatically updated me with the flight status. It told me their flight was delayed and I can go to the airport 20 minutes later.

I'm totally the same, but as previous posters pointed out, email has been using this for a fair while without us knowing, I'm sure there is probably something else even more terrifying to us Luddites but they arent telling

I suspect the Cloud is at least as safe, or safer, than the shoeboxes full of 3.5 FDs I have stacked in the back of the closet,with no way of accessing any of what I'm sure was really, really important stuff a quarter of a century :veryshocked: ago. :lol:

I started using Dropbox recently for photos.

It seems to keep on increasing the amount of space that I have - for free.

Presumably there's a time when it will ask for me to cough up for more space..... is that a fixed number or do they just decided if they like me or not? ;)