Can anyone help? I'm trying to get my head round this.

Here's my setup

Internet into house >

NTT box >

Apple Time Machine Wifi >

LAN switching hub

Wired LAN cables (cat 6) connecting in from around the house to the LAN switching hub.

Works good.

Problem! There is one LAN connection point in the house where I'd ideally like there to be another one in the same place.

Is there any gizmo I can buy that allows me to make that one LAN connection into two (that I can use simultaneaously)?

If so, what is said gizmo?

Does that even make sense?

:lol:

Thanks.

For anyone else who might be interested.... works great right from the go. Network extended, new connections! I can have my telly, sky perfect and dvd player all plugged in. Quite why I need that, I'm not so sure, but :lol:

Yes, this is all that is needed. This is what a hub is designed to do. A switch is better for the job, but is more expensive. What is the difference? Using Dumbsticks extension as an example, with a hub if his TV requests something, ie a webpage, from the Internet the result is sent to all devices attached to the hub. So the TV, Skyperfect and DVD player all receive the webpage, even though only the TV wants it. With a switch, the webpage is only sent to the TV. On a network with a lot of traffic a hub can slow the network down. For a home network a hub is good enough.

Yes same as mine switching or dual channel it give optimum speed at all times by switching channels as required.

Connected it all up tonight now my printer computer TV and phone are all on wifi again.

Seems to work very well anywhere inside and outside my house so happy about that.

A really cool thing about this I have just found out about this LAN network is... I can watch programs that I have recorded on the skyperfect hdd in the living room, on my tv in the bedroom.

Cool!

Shared computer stuff is good too.

Like it.