Expensive though. There's a good shop in Maruyama, think it's called 7th Street Cafe, about 10 mins walk south from Maruyama koen station but it's a little expensive as well. I get the idea you can haggle though. If u have big feet tho, maybe not the place to go. I'm a Japanese 28 so JUST fit into the usual shoe range

Ya... those are expensive. I can't remember the shop we were in last year. One of the big box stores that had a pretty good selection and good prices. I ended up getting my wife and daughter new sets of gear there. I'll see if I can suss out the name later.

There's also a snow sports shop on the main drag from sapp station down towards susukino.....think its about a block or 2 from susukino crossing. I only caught the tail end f it as I moved up here at the end of the season.....next time I'm passing I'll have a look in and a nosy about. TBH I thought there'd be more, but as yet I haven't really seen that many

Thanks for the responses. :friend:

I

Murasaki Sports is pretty good I believe.

My friend in Sapporo recommended Murasaki Sports. It seems like the most convenient place for me to get to. I guess every where is expensive.

But like TubbyBeaverino, I really thought that Hokkaido would be chock-a-block with snowboard shops. Maybe its too late to support the local places :sadface:

Murasaki Sports (Pivot building on the main road from JR Sapporo station).

7th Street Cafe (if thats the name....walk my dog past there most weekends!!!) is expensive and only have Salomon and Yonex boards, not sure about boots!

theres a small show in maruyama near Seiyu, not sure of name but sign says "Sams Bikes" above it. Can rent Moss boards for ¥2,000 a day there!!

there's a shop in Tanuki Koji, nearest end to Sapporo TV Tower.

Try Xebio Dome, Shin Sapporo have one and there is a huge one with a waterfall inside, it's near to Fukuzumi (Sapporo Dome).

Also, Sapporo Factory and Parco sometimes have snowboard pop-up-shops in them, worth a visit. (Sapporo Factory is close to Bus Center Mae subway station and Parco is next to Odori subway station)

hope this helps

I don't think there is anything in that Sams Bikes place, across from Seiyu........I've wondered about that loads of times but the doors always seem to be shut. I'll have a nosey tomorrow though and see for sure

I didn't......Tubby Tokens have taken a dive recently on the open market and it seems are almost worthless :)

I bought a pair of goggles from rakuten the other week, 9800¥ for Oakley Splices....think that's the extent of my spending this year. Although I did see a Salomon Sick Stick in Sports Depot and it looks a sexy deck....but at 77k there's no way I'll be biting.

according to the guy in the shop near Seiyu (its prob not Sams Bikes, its a wierd place...longboards, snowboards and guitars!!) Moss are great for side country and the such and have a couple of models that are good for backcountry. He said he works as a guide at the Gentem shop in Nisekko in winter!

I rode a friends Moss board once....fun board.

Murasaki Sports (Pivot building on the main road from JR Sapporo station).

7th Street Cafe (if thats the name....walk my dog past there most weekends!!!) is expensive and only have Salomon and Yonex boards, not sure about boots!

theres a small show in maruyama near Seiyu, not sure of name but sign says "Sams Bikes" above it. Can rent Moss boards for ¥2,000 a day there!!

there's a shop in Tanuki Koji, nearest end to Sapporo TV Tower.

Try Xebio Dome, Shin Sapporo have one and there is a huge one with a waterfall inside, it's near to Fukuzumi (Sapporo Dome).

Also, Sapporo Factory and Parco sometimes have snowboard pop-up-shops in them, worth a visit. (Sapporo Factory is close to Bus Center Mae subway station and Parco is next to Odori subway station)

hope this helps

Yes. Yes it does.

edit: i'm dumb

I popped into that shop, Sam's Bikes, what a quirky, cool little shop!! Snowboards, bikes, guitars, clothes, coffee, vinyl records and skateboards!! :)

It seems they only have Moss Snowboards and they are of the 70-90k range.....not very big ones either. This year a days rental will be 3000¥, but the selection of board is limited

he told me he gets his skaeboards from Pro`s in the US and shapes them himself, he also showed me a snowboard that he shaped himself!

maybe he told me ¥2000 a day because i told him i have a dog just like his! was his dog in the shop when u went? 8pm until the following night, 8pm.

• 2 weeks later...