:lol:

THESE ARE ACTUAL COMPLAINTS RECEIVED BY “THOMAS COOK VACATIONS FROM DISSATISFIED CUSTOMERS” :

1. “I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local convenience store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts.”

2. “It’s lazy of the local shopkeepers in Puerto Vallarta to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during ‘siesta’ time — this should be banned.”

3. “On my holiday to Goa in India , I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don’t like spicy food.”

I’ll book it but only if I can screen my fellow travelers first.

4. “We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our own swimsuits and towels. We assumed it would be included in the price”

5. “The beach was too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room.”

6. “We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as white but it was more yellow.”

7. “They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax.”

8. “No-one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared.”

9. “Although the brochure said that there was a fully equipped kitchen, there was no egg-slicer in the drawers.”

10. “We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish.”

11. “The roads were uneven and bumpy, so we could not read the local guide book during the bus ride to the resort. Because of this, we were unaware of many things that would have made our holiday more fun.”

12. “It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England . It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair.”

13. “I compared the size of our one-bedroom suite to our friends’ three-bedroom and ours was significantly smaller.”

14. “The brochure stated: ‘No hairdressers at the resort’. We’re trainee hairdressers and we think they knew and made us wait longer for service.”

15. “There were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners.”

16. “We had to line up outside to catch the boat and there was no air-conditioning.”

17. “It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel.”

18. “I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes.”

19. “My fiance and I requested twin-beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king bed. We now hold you responsible and want to be re-reimbursed for the fact that I became pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked.”

Unfortunately some are. I've worked in the tourism industry and all of the above ring true. After all to get an average intelligence there has to be 50% below that level. I've also worked on an IT help desk, and have talked to some people who sound like those above.

number 10 and 15 are my favourites.....I can totally see British people saying these things

10.We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish

15.There were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners

The one about the ginger nuts and custard creams made me think about my brother, who is terribly picky when it comes to meat that he eats.....anything with a little bit of fat on it and he picks at it like a squirrel eating nuts........of course over here most places use thigh meat over breast (for chicken) and this was a major source of annoyance for him who said "why don't they just use breast meat like home?" Eh?? cos this isn't home....it's a DIFFERENT country!! :lol:

Some people just shouldn't travel abroad

I like the first one the best.

My sister-in-law's nan's verdict on Spain was "it was nice, but you couldn't get a decent sausage".

Saucy!

:lol:

I was going to suggest Germany instead of Spain for Sausage....but I like your answer better!

3. “On my holiday to Goa in India , I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don’t like spicy food.”

Yeah! I could not find fish and chips anywhere in India!!

:thumbsdown:

I wonder why some people bother to travel abroad if all they are going to do is complain. If they want the same conditions / things as their own country then they should bloody well stay in their own country and not expect other countries to have the same customs and things as their own country.

I think for those of us actually living in a foreign country, we have to remember that we are not 'normal' in that respect.

My brother still can't quite get his head round how and why I decide to live on the other side of the world in Japan. And I don't consider him as a narrow-minded person, though definitely liking living a traditional kind of life.

People in general are so narrow minded though.