A waterbed with baffles is very nice to sleep on. The baffles stop the water moving around so you don't get "seasick". Then by adjusting the amount of water in the bed you can control how hard or soft it is. Also turning the temp up in winter keeps you nice and warm. However the down side is that they can use a lot of power, and are bloody hard to move. Got rid of the one I had (20 years ago) when I moved. Was just to much hassle to move it.

Baffles, well that's what I heard them called. instead of the waterbed being one big container, it's more like dozens of small containers with a few holes to let the water flow slowly though. Means when you turn over there is no big wave of water moving under you. Although Chriselle is right, when two people tightly joined together turn over there can be more movement then desired.

Baffles, well that's what I heard them called. instead of the waterbed being one big container, it's more like dozens of small containers with a few holes to let the water flow slowly though. Means when you turn over there is no big wave of water moving under you. Although Chriselle is right, when two people tightly joined together turn over there can be more movement then desired.

Yeah baffles is the name. Used in crab boats etc to partition the catch and minimise damage due to sloshing around inside the boat's tank before getting to shore for the offload.

We used to stay in love hotels reasonably often in Otaru and Sapporo. Really quite cheap for the standard of the rooms. If we checked in after 10pm we got an all night rate to 10am that got us into some spectacular rooms for barely half the cost of what would have been some drab little hotel room in the city. It wasn't for having a dirty weekend away or anything it was just purely some of the nicest rooms we could stay in for the cost. Huge beds, huge bathrooms and huge wide screen TV's and great sound systems. We stayed in some with massage chairs and double spas with a TV on the wall and a sauna. There was even one in Otaru with a small lap pool in the room. Awesome! I love love hotels.