Translating flowery Japanese

I'm no translator but I've been asked by a friend to do a bit for their business.

Problem I am having is that the Japanese they use is all hoity-toity, hairy-fairy, flowery Japanese that is all no meaning and just nice words.

How on earth do you translate something like that? Best to just dump that and re-write in English with the main points they are perhaps trying to convey?

Nihongo muzukashii desu ne.

:lol:

Sounds like there's lots of fannying around the point there, as well as lots of faffing about.

I'd jolly well re-write and make it factual. If that is at all possible. Translating Japanese like that is meaningless and just sounds silly.

It sounds like a good chance to get in touch with your sensitive, feminine side Griller. Close the lid on the Green Egg, put down the Yoshida's....crack the bottle of lavender scented ink, dip the quill and craft some magic....

or not....

:wave:

Just pick up the key phrases and then translate them into English using some artistic language and then get the person who asked you to translate it to compare the meaning of yours to the non meaning of theirs and see if you are about right.

That is what I do when I get some meaningless fancy Japanese that is not really possible to directly translate, and then tweak it as required!

"The 7th , to the press , Ishihara co- representative of the Society of Japan Restoration foreign no " exposure -bomb experiences about the contaminated water problem at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant is closed up in front governor who launched the Olympic bid of Tokyo told the people " have become . handicap is nervous to ( nervous ) very radioactivity "

Ishihara talking complete sense again I see

Let Tubby do it. His work is impressive.

I think it was something like "gaijins don't understand and get all panic-y about radioactivity because they've never been A-bombed".

I bet the real hibakusha really appreciated that one.