They jolly well deserve their own topic.

Question. Why do most taxis have like a giant cake doily covered in plastic on their seats.

And why do the drivers wear gloves and hats? If they didn't need the gloves and hats and cake doilys, would the taxis be cheaper?

467050747_210.jpg

Some Japanese taxi seat covers, yesterday.

I have used the Taxi once going from Niseko back to the airport apart from the doilies/ys the guy never took his foot off the Brake/Accelerator it was a sicking experience and cost a small fortune.

I have no desire to use them ever again

I want to slap em.... gas on, gas off, gas on...brake...repeat. My wife drives like that and it drives (pun) me nuts!!

Or those guys that release the clutch in every gear without giving it enough gas and the whole car shudders from the low rpm's. You do know you are very prematurely killing the bottom end and main bearings in your engine, right...?

Couldn't get over the cost of them when I first came here.

It was like.... 2000 yen... you sure?!?!

They lure you in with the open door and the 650Y flagdrop. Then you're trapped for something like 1000,000Y for a kilometre.

The Doilies were first put in place to protect the seat from Macasa oil ( Hair oil ). From the 1900,s to 1970 it was a popular hair treatment for Men. This method of protection was needed not just in Cars. Planes were known to used them, As well as the home lounge chair were made with remove Macasas. Has for the plastic, same reason, for protection. Drunks will spew without warning. White Glove and Hat is a sign of purity. Remember after 3/11 the pollies took to start wearing white glove. This was a sign that they were not tainted by the corruption fallout. Pure! I think Purity is a Shinto Kami. No the only cheap taxis are dollar drivers. Think they are AWD. I to love the way the door opens and closes for you. Try paying another 50% plus you always get a super rude driver who will try a rip you off if you don,t know your way. These are Aussie Taxis drivers or Robbers.

The Doilies were first put in place to protect the seat from Macasa oil ( Hair oil ). From the 1900,s to 1970 it was a popular hair treatment for Men. This method of protection was needed not just in Cars. Planes were known to used them, As well as the home lounge chair were made with remove Macasas. Has for the plastic, same reason, for protection. Drunks will spew without warning. White Glove and Hat is a sign of purity. Remember after 3/11 the pollies took to start wearing white glove. This was a sign that they were not tainted by the corruption fallout. Pure! I think Purity is a Shinto Kami. No the only cheap taxis are dollar drivers. Think they are AWD. I to love the way the door opens and closes for you. Try paying another 50% plus you always get a super rude driver who will try a rip you off if you don,t know your way. These are Aussie Taxis drivers or Robbers.

Interesting about the doilies.

Hello SJ

I sorry about that. I am A typical Aussie who can not spell or used English grammar correctly. I was attempting to comparing Japan Taxis to Aussie Taxis. We also refer to them as Taxis . I am A typical Australia who was educated by and Australian who was also educated by an Australian. So the Australian grammar is actual a bastardised form of English grammar. It is rare the find an Aussie who can use English grammar correctly. I myself relying heavily on the correction software when constructing a letter or email. I find that it does not pick all my grammar mistakes.

I do apologise for my poor english and I will always check the grammar before I upload.