Very clever aren't they?

And cute too.

Always all over the flights from Amsterdam that I am on.

They always seem very interested in my bag as well. It must be the 5 large packs of Cathedral mature cheddar cheese. Everyone loves cheese.

Might be the gear you've got stuffed inside the cheese?

OR, the old sox/jox you're taking home for a wash! :p

Just pure mature cheddar.

AND, my mum washed my socks to bring back.

So can't be those things.

;)

And fascinating to watch them at work ... and at play when they "find" something. TV show "Border Security" here has segments about them every now and then - beautiful to watch the connection between dog and handler! :friend:

I've had the dogs take an interest in me or my luggage a couple of times. Not so cute when they are going along the line of passengers and then sit down when they get to you. You know a strip search is coming up...

I had some Custard Creams in my bag too.

But I think it was the Cathedreal Mature Cheddar that did it.

They only had a sniff though, didn't go wild and mean a search

Once when going through customs into the US, I learned to my surprise that the sniffer dogs are generally mutts rescued from the pound, and not some special breed chosen for their sniffing skills.

I also found out the handlers are surprisingly tolerant of jetlagged passengers going all "Kawaii! That's a good dog!" and scratching the dogs behind the ear.

I had some Custard Creams in my bag too.

But I think it was the Cathedreal Mature Cheddar that did it.

They only had a sniff though, didn't go wild and mean a search

Were they those "giant" Custard Creams that Costa Coffee do? They do Bourbons too.

Not the giant ones, grungy-gonads, though I have seen those.

Are they made by the Custard Cream people or just a Costa-made thing (surely with permission, so I suppose you'd expect them to have to taste the same)?