I thought that title would get your attention... :lol:

Anyway, here's why I haven't been around the forums as much as usual. I've been using all my disposable income on building my big boy toy. This is how it looks for the time being although I have some other mods in store. Got it out in the woods for a few poser flex shots. Show me your toys.

DSC_0066_zpse38043ab.jpg

DSC_0058-2_zps39155bdb.jpg

DSC_0062-1_zps0f13cf58.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a few mountain roads around here that are wash boarded out and I can wheel a bit there. I'm kinda bummed because the specialty 4x4 park called "Mobility Park" that's right by my place went out of business the same week I got this truck...terrible timing.

Yes...it's hardly a valid excuse for my absence. So sorry. :wave:

Nice looking beast!

It will handle snow ok for sure. My Delica will go through 40cm deep snow no problem, so your beast of a car will do way more than that!

I would like to take my on to one of those off road courses, but none around here, unless I make my own by driving through the forests and through farmers land, which don't think they will be so happy about that.

Nice looking beast!

It will handle snow ok for sure. My Delica will go through 40cm deep snow no problem, so your beast of a car will do way more than that!

I would like to take my on to one of those off road courses, but none around here, unless I make my own by driving through the forests and through farmers land, which don't think they will be so happy about that.

You know they have some pretty cool upgrades for the D5.... ;) I think the D5 with a lift and bigger tires is an awesome looking rig.

This 80 Series LandCruiser is considered by most to be the best off road vehicle ever made and designed to be pretty good in the snow. This truck has AWD with a locking center Differential and a rear locking diff. There is only one thing that worries me though. It weighs just over 6000 lbs and that seems like a lot of downward momentum on an icy hill. :shifty: I guess we'll see next winter but talking to other LC owners it should be better than the Prado I just got rid of.....and I thought it was fantastic in the snow.

My adult toys are pretty much all ones that can be bought on rakuten and nothing 'different'.

Should I show you my lady friend's adult toy?

:evilgrin:

No....I think SHE should show me.. :lol: :wave:

Ah...I see. Thanks Musashi Maru.. :thumbsup:

Tubby. AWD is always engaged like many of the Subaru cars. 4WD is a manual selection to transfer drive to the front differential thus driving all four wheels. AWD is kinda like a smart version of 4wd where if you have slip at one corner it will compensate by "allocating" power to the opposite corner....(sort of). 4wd is more hardcore as all four corners are receiving equal power thus you do not want to try turning in 4wd on dry pavement because you very well might break something.

The crap thing about AWD cars is they have no low transfer case and no AWD over ride. The LandCruiser is unique in that it is AWD and has a low and high transfer case as well as center, front and rear locking differentials which makes each wheel spin at the same rate. Great for going vertical, or over large obstacles where you risk having one or more tires off the ground. Basically, you can go anywhere.

That's my take on it but the whole AWD is new to me and I'm looking forward to see how it does when it gets all slippy. I've only ever had locking front hubs.

What's that? Details? Like your wildlife, some of your cars down there are pretty unique. Looks like a cross between a Camero, Skyline with a Peugeot like grill. Interesting.

Very interesting. I've never seen any of the Aussie Fords before. What's the story with the turbo looking intake in the grill? Got any under hood shots?

Edit...posted at the same time as the engine shot.

Woah... Wouldn't want to get you pant leg sucked into that.... No filter at all?

Haha. No these things suck so much that any filter will just get turned inside out and even a mesh cover creates a vacuum which pulls the shaft forward and kills the bearings. Nobody runs an air filter at the drags