Anyone going to venture out for a last slide over Golden Week at one of the places still open?

Toying with the idea of going to Nozawa one day just for some last season laughs.

Top parts of Zao are still open through Golden Week but no, I won't be going.

I will actually be in Tokyo visiting family for the second longer part of the holidays.

Gonna go out for a park session at Nakayama Touge this Saturday before heading off for a Golden Week trip to Kyushu.

Asahidake should be open until May11/12 so will hopefully get another day up there after GW too.

Went for a ski at Teine today. Pouring rain at the top, and snowing down to about 200 metres below the summit. The snow was very slushy and wet. Not much fun and we came home soaking and pretty cold!

Flying to Fukuoka tomorrow. Looking forward to some warm weather!

It was very nice.

We did all three of the baltic states ,Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

All three are very safe actually and the people were very friendly and nice not at all dodgy.

Food and beer was also very good and tasty and always properly cooked.

Crime also seems low there as many have good cars and didnt seem like anyone breaks into them or damage them.

Also didnt see any vandalised things either which is rare out of Japan.

The only dodgy areas might be some of the night clubs and a couple of known back streets where girls will propersition guys to come clubbing with them so their friends can mug them so I was told.

I just had to visit this so called bad street but didnt get hassled by anyone but then I was with my wife and daughter.

They have some beautiful buildings there as well which we really liked.

You should go it is well worth it especially if you like seeing old buildings enjoy a new culture and like eating the local food.

Some very pretty areas and as all three countries are small it is easy to do all three and all three capitals Tallin, Riga and Vilnius are small witj both a new and old town makes it a real fun place to spend a few days.

How was Latvia? I've always fancied a wee trip up there but have been told is pretty dodgy

Estonia was one of the places we were considering a few years ago for my mates stag do......we wanted to jump behind the iron curtain, but we'd heard some bad stories from people we knew (albeit who went to watch a football game) so plumped for Krackow in Poland instead.

Interesting snowdude, can't say I have ever thought of those places as a holiday destination.

Well always wanted to go there and until now the furthest east in Europe that had been was Poland.

Wanted to pop over to either Finland as is onlu 80k by boat from Estonia or Russia but didnt have time for Finland and no visa for Russia.

Next time maybe we will visit Russia I really want to go there as well as Norway Sweden and Finland.

We like to visit as many different countries as possible and also the less popular as well. My number of countries visited is around 30 so still many many more to try and visit.