Getting rid of the winter jelly belly

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is that on offer now Tubbs?   I'll take two!

All that naked hiking through the snowy hills of Sapporo is sure to see you down to slimBeaverinho in no time

Thanks Mamabear. What kind of workouts do you do with them? What do you think of them? They seem like a good way to improve strength without paying for a gym membership or needing a huge amount of space for a machine,.

I use them at group personal training.

When we make groups of 3, one boxing, one bag holder, the third often does kettle ball swings - on rotation. It IS a very good exercise for engaging many muscle groups at once, good for core and stability. Will also use it as a station when doing a rotation session, again usually full body overhead swings. We have free weights so bicep curls, tricep kickback etc would be done with those, not the kettle bells.

Some of the participants on injury rehab use them to carry as they walk, instead of running.

Using them like free weights is also a great idea, the instability also helps work more muscle fibres. Just be careful with the weight.....if its sore during the exercise....thats not good, so you should definitely stop.

Using them like free weights is also a great idea, the instability also helps work more muscle fibres. Just be careful with the weight.....if its sore during the exercise....thats not good, so you should definitely stop.

Do you use them Tubby? What weight were you using?

Thanks Mamabear. What kind of workouts do you do with them? What do you think of them? They seem like a good way to improve strength without paying for a gym membership or needing a huge amount of space for a machine,.

When we make groups of 3, one boxing, one bag holder, the third often does kettle ball swings - on rotation. It IS a very good exercise for engaging many muscle groups at once, good for core and stability. Will also use it as a station when doing a rotation session, again usually full body overhead swings. We have free weights so bicep curls, tricep kickback etc would be done with those, not the kettle bells.

Some of the participants on injury rehab use them to carry as they walk, instead of running.

Thank you for the info! I watched some videos this evening and am starting to think Ill buy some. I like what I've seen and read about them so far. My friends talk about them lots, but they're also workout freaks. Thanks again!

I don't.....I have dumbbells though....but I want kettleballs. You have to think about progression..... How quickly you are going to surpass those weights. The body adapts quite quickly and u have to keep it on its toes to keep on making gains.....depending on wot ur goals are. If ur mates r fitness freaks, follow their advice.....they'll know

Thank you for the info! I watched some videos this evening and am starting to think Ill buy some. I like what I've seen and read about them so far. My friends talk about them lots, but they're also workout freaks. Thanks again!

Don't overlook resistance bands for a great compact bit of workout equipment. I take mine away with me - easy to pack.

The boys use them for arm/shoulder work mainly (Water Polo), but I use them in many different exercises targeting pretty much everywhere. You can get different strength bands, but can also adjust for example in a single shoulder press by moving your foot along the band one way or the other.

Check out a vid of some exercises:

With the talk re: burgers and food it got me thinking about diet which is important part when trying to get rid of the jelly belly. I recently scanned through a health/lifestyle video and the general gist was a high protein / low carb diet combined with exercise. I have been trying this diet with an approach of trying to eat healthy re: unprocessed foods , cutting down on sugar (which was described as white death in video) and without too many treats.

In the video they gave three examples for a healthy protein breakfast -eggs on toast, turkey meat on toast, and another cold meat on toast. Not a lot of variety there.

Just wondering if any one has some more meal suggestions or good ideas?

I have only ever used free weights dumbells barbells and still use just those.

I use a bench for chest and tricept work outs and a free wight squat rack.

Actually need to build my own once I get to my new house.

I am old school when it comes to working out.

Starting to get back into the weights.

My leg press is way down now I can only do 380kg for 8 reps now.

I was doing 500kg at 8 reps.

Arm curls are down to a weak 40kg down from 65.

Good insentive to workout harder.

Just wondering if any one has some more meal suggestions or good ideas?

My personal trainer suggested his fave breakfast to me...I haven't tried it yet.

I tend to have 2 eggs + 1 tablespoon of MCT oil or EV Coconut Oil scrambled, no toast.

His recipe is 2 eggs + 1 banana blended in thermomix (can use any blender) then cooked like a pancake or omelette in a frypan lubricated with a decent amount of EV Coconut oil.

The boys love breakfast egg and bacon cups.

Grease muffin pan with EV Coconut oil or EVOO, lay in strips of bacon to create a 'nest', crack in one egg, sprinkle with a little cheese and bake.

you can bicep curl 40kgs?! You must have arms like tree trunks!

And 380kgs......do u mean lbs? Or are you built like Arnold Schwarzenegger ?

you can bicep curl 40kgs?! You must have arms like tree trunks!

And 380kgs......do u mean lbs? Or are you built like Arnold Schwarzenegger ?

My thoughts too. Must be massive!

Also heard bananas should be avoided unless your training for marathons. To do with natural sugar content which is a bigger because I don't mind bananas but I suppose alright if your training big