I wouldn't expect moping or bad news, but could hope to hear about some strategic plan for the future. "These are the things we plan to do," is the sort of thing one might expect to hear at a trade show.

That all said, what they have right now is probably the kind of thing WVS would be interested in: family ski-in-ski-out accommodations in a nice hotel with onsen, with little kids well taken care of. The stuff that is missing is mainly for gnarly park rats, which I don't think is WVS's demographic (correct me if wrong).

A lot of young Japanese who skied, snowboarded have had kids. Their perception is that snow sports now would be imposssible with the kids in tow. A lot of effort put into changing this thinking would revitalize a huge segment of the market. Hence, creches, daycare, playgroups would be the new services that would spearhead a recovery.

Sounds good to me.

Add to that, cheaper kids lessons with smaller classes (so the instructor doesn't have to be policeman as well!) or maybe classes with several; instructors. Might help. Kids slide free I saw a couple of times - incentives like that might work too!

Hey WVS, nice avatar - self portrait of the artist as a young(ish) man?

• 2 weeks later...

Starting to get ready for my weekend to Kusatsu, looking at the trail map something seemed to be missing, so I checked it againest the trail map photo I took last year. One lift is mising this year from the trail map. See below

gallery_12115_202_30966.png

gallery_12115_202_52942.png

Seems a bit strange as the missing lift was very popular the weekends I was there

From their facebook page today:

なお、三田原第三高速リフトは強風のため運転を

見合わせております。ご了承ください。

The number 3 lift was closed today because of strong wind.

It was open yesterday so I think it was just because of conditions today. Too bad, that's the best area!

I didn't mind.two years later and you suddenly realise just how much more there is to play in.had a ball just lapping the high speed quad on mitahara.

Starting to get ready for my weekend to Kusatsu, looking at the trail map something seemed to be missing, so I checked it againest the trail map photo I took last year. One lift is mising this year from the trail map. See below

gallery_12115_202_30966.png

gallery_12115_202_52942.png

Seems a bit strange as the missing lift was very popular the weekends I was there

Surely not! :veryshocked:

I scearched though the trip reports and resort reviews, can't find anything more recent than 2008. According to their website one side of the resort is only open on Saturdays and holidays. So may have some good snow, 4 days this week with no one on it, hopefully it snows heaps.