I think Mozzer was just being silly, as Mozzer sometimes is.

But he should definitely have noted a disclaimer saying that this was a made up story and not true.

Some kids may have believe it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello   "Is it me you're looking for?"   No.

A-ha said that The Sun Always Shines on TV. But my tv is in the corner of the room. And I often have the curtains closed. If they had said The Sun Always Shines on my TV, referring to their own TV

A-ha said that The Sun Always Shines on TV.

But my tv is in the corner of the room. And I often have the curtains closed.

If they had said The Sun Always Shines on my TV, referring to their own TV of course, it might be different.

And even then it would be silly, because if the sun shines on the telly you can't watch it properly.

So they would probably have been better off just moving it, rather than going to the trouble of writing a song about it.

• Like 1

"Anarchy in the UK, it's coming some time"

--Not yet, anyway. Though perhaps we should give it some more time. However, there really ought to be some kind of a time limit on these things, to be fair to other songwriters.

"The North Will Rise Again"

--See above.

Soviet National Anthem: "Союз нерушимый[...]" ("An unbreakable union[...]")

--Ripping tune, but clear failure to prognosticate.

Though not as dramatically off as: "It's the end of the world as we know it"

--That one was just plain off.

A-ha said that The Sun Always Shines on TV.

But my tv is in the corner of the room. And I often have the curtains closed.

If they had said The Sun Always Shines on my TV, referring to their own TV of course, it might be different.

And even then it would be silly, because if the sun shines on the telly you can't watch it properly.

So they would probably have been better off just moving it, rather than going to the trouble of writing a song about it.

:lol:

Not sure about the Simple Minds songs but Gazza's Fog on the Tyne was just silly wasn't it. Was it all his? I don't think so.

I don't know who 'owns' the fog, perhaps the authorities, but he could jolly well have got into trouble by claiming it I reckon.

• 1 month later...

Lionel Ritchie went on about Dancing on the Ceiling.

I can understand Dancing on the Roof, but on the Ceiling? Would they not need to be a sticky legged insect to be able to do that?