For anyone traveling tomorrow, maybe good to leave extra time as Yamanashi and Nagano are supposed to be getting heavy snow tonight, other parts of Kanto may get snow as well, would not mind betting the motorways will be slow going tomorrow if that is the case and late trains!

Up to 20cm's forecast for some parts of Yamanashi, according to the local weather report.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

there is a lot of snow here in meguro - took my snowboard on the bus and rode down from JR Meguro station towards GOTANDA and bussed back- lots of hills in this area !

For anyone traveling tomorrow, maybe good to leave extra time as Yamanashi and Nagano are supposed to be getting heavy snow tonight, other parts of Kanto may get snow as well, would not mind betting the motorways will be slow going tomorrow if that is the case and late trains!

Up to 20cm's forecast for some parts of Yamanashi, according to the local weather report.

please make it so.

Kofu Minami to 139 to Tomei and home... no traffic :)

Ya...that's the Mikasa toge route that goes down to Kawaguchiko.....and then getting on the Fujigoko. Even stuck in traffic it's a tough call whether to wait or go through the pass. The group I went with this time were about 10 minutes behind me when I hit the traffic. They went up the pass and I waited and by the end of it we ended up meeting in Gotemba at almost the same time. Although I did go like a bat out of hell after the tunnel and on the Fujigoko.

Actually, you are thinking of a different route Chris. I'm talking about the one that goes down 358 and meets up with 139 at Shoji-ko. I've never had any problems with traffic there. I can usually make it from Kofu back to Numazu in 75 minutes or so... or around 90 minutes if my wife is in the car and awake.

Kofu Minami to 139 to Tomei and home... no traffic :)

Ya...that's the Mikasa toge route that goes down to Kawaguchiko.....and then getting on the Fujigoko. Even stuck in traffic it's a tough call whether to wait or go through the pass. The group I went with this time were about 10 minutes behind me when I hit the traffic. They went up the pass and I waited and by the end of it we ended up meeting in Gotemba at almost the same time. Although I did go like a bat out of hell after the tunnel and on the Fujigoko.

Actually, you are thinking of a different route Chris. I'm talking about the one that goes down 358 and meets up with 139 at Shoji-ko. I've never had any problems with traffic there. I can usually make it from Kofu back to Numazu in 75 minutes or so... or around 90 minutes if my wife is in the car and awake.

Ah....that one!! Ya know, I was wondering about that one last week when I really was in a jam. I somehow assumed that one was more remote a probably closed. It's great to know it's an option. 75 minutes is better time than driving around. Thanks man!

edit....so, you take the 139 all way down to the Fuji IC and get on the Tomei there...?

no snow down our end today. Freezing point is around 1000m and we're in the mid 300s. Plenty of rain though, and also got hit by a car today in the 7/11 parking lot. First he pulled out on me without looking (i swerved to avoid him), then as i came down the side of him (since i needed to get to the building), the son of a bitch drove right into me. Id already passed his front ****ing window when he pulled forward and turned into me. Took out my back wheel. No real damage i think (though im sure my wheel is slightly off), he drove off with a mae culpa hand wave and that was that. Left me in the pissing rain to put my back wheel back on. The dude took two fekkin shots at me!

It rained here too!!!!! At least it stopped!

Years ago in Tokyo I had a dude in a volvo take me out at the lights, as the lights went green he turn left right on to me and crunched up my back wheel, luckily no injuries.

He of course stopped and appologized about a thousand times, well that was after I shouted at him and told him what a complete f/:@ing moron he was and how he needs to check his mirror.

He picked my bike after asking if I am ok and brought it to a bicycle shop near where I lived at the time asked how much a new wheel and repairs would be and gave me the money there and then. He gave me all his contact details in case the money was not enough, then he took be back to my house.

Could have been a lot worse!