Closed all the way to Azumino? I would have just turned around and gone skiing again today!

THAT is what we should have done in hindsight. But, we never could have imagined how bad it was going to be and I'm running low on holiday leave and my daughter was keen on getting to school to keep her attendance record in tact. That was the worst traffic I have ever experienced.

Snowdude...man that's a horrible bottleneck you live in there around Kofu.

I know it's not really all that easy to turn around once you've already left... especially considering the holiday leave and attendence record thing. Do you lose a day if you show up with only a few hours to go? Is the attendence record still intact?

I lost a half day but I probably won't log it.. ;) I think the big thing with that is Numazu and Mishima never have those snow and ice related traffic issues so I think people have a hard time relating to the completely different set of conditions just a few hours drive away despite the headline news. There is always a small part of them saying "ya, but still,,, you should have been here at work". Maybe I'm over thinking it all.

The kid loses the record ....which is kind of perplexing to me because she was in Canada when school started back up again in late August..... :confused: Maybe it wasn't attendance....I don't know (nor care ;) )

...Bag of Crisps... Was it worth it? Not really....Saturday and Sunday the snow was skied out with a desperate need for freshies and when it did snow on Monday it was heavy and wet....

BM.. I made the mistake of going to Cortina on the Sunday....NEVER AGAIN!! :lol:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

there is a lot of snow here in meguro - took my snowboard on the bus and rode down from JR Meguro station towards GOTANDA and bussed back- lots of hills in this area !

The kid loses the record ....which is kind of perplexing to me because she was in Canada when school started back up again in late August..... :confused: Maybe it wasn't attendance....I don't know (nor care ;) )

I guess she still had a shot at the second-semester attendance record, counting from October? Hope she is not too bummed out.

Well, I think I set a new record for what should be a 4 hour drive.......24 frickin hours!! :omg: I'm bloody knackered.. Most people trying to get to Tokyo are still sitting.... while I managed to sneak over a mountain pass that opened up mid morning. That's just so outrageous to have "THE" only major artery coming from southern Nagano and Yamanashi closed for two days. The regular roads can't handle the load and are completely stopped even now as the ice that melted today will be starting to firm up again.. :shifty:

I can't imagine what that is like. I get very frustrated from a 14 hour flight. I hate it.

I guess she still had a shot at the second-semester attendance record, counting from October? Hope she is not too bummed out.

Surely you don't get marked down for that. Is it a badge thing?

Haha...the kid is fine. She sulked around for about 10 minutes but soon forgotten. Yes, it's some kind of attendance certificate. Apparently the principle has been consulted to see if this is a case of "couldn't be helped"... It's all so cute.

Muika.. It gets everyone in the car in a mood. Quite volatile actually...one minute you're whimpering "give me a break" and the next you're punching the headliner......err....that's normal right...?? :shifty:

Haha, people there look about as stuck as those in Tokyo, reckon about the same level!

Real natsukashiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, I used to go to Norwich often as a child, there and Kingslynn, shopping!

Yikes, just checked the forecast for around here. No snow but it's looking like pipe freezing weather.

BM do your pipes have heaters on them to stop them freezing, if so should be ok.

Our pipes have heaters on them so should be ok. Could get down to about -12 here tonight if the sky clears later. Looking like its going to snow any minute now though!

I'm thinking that rain will possibly turn to snow tonight...I hope not...making my commute tomorrow difficult going over the pass. Morons with regular tires getting stuck and blocking me from getting around them.

I was really lucky coming back from Hakuba. Isaw that the highway was closed from the bottom of escal plaza at goryu. Luckly the hokuriku was still open so I could get back home to Kansai in about over 6 hours. I will definitely be checking the roads before leaving next time. It was only by chance that I saw the highway report at goryu otherwise I would have been sitting in the traffic with everyone else.

Damn, Snowdude....That friggin tunnel is mental. One lane just doesn't cut it with all that traffic going back to Tokyo. Have you heard any news of when it's going to be done? Snow certainly isn't going to help I'm sure..

Actually I went through that tunnel yesterday and Saturday and although it was a little slower around the tunnel there was no real trafic to speak of or maybe I was just lucky.

As for when it will be finished I havent heard anything but I would guess it will not be finished anytime soon.

It sure is annoying for those that have to use the road during the busy hours. Certainly hope they get it sorted soon.

Kofu Minami to 139 to Tomei and home... no traffic :)

Ya...that's the Mikasa toge route that goes down to Kawaguchiko.....and then getting on the Fujigoko. Even stuck in traffic it's a tough call whether to wait or go through the pass. The group I went with this time were about 10 minutes behind me when I hit the traffic. They went up the pass and I waited and by the end of it we ended up meeting in Gotemba at almost the same time. Although I did go like a bat out of hell after the tunnel and on the Fujigoko.

That route can be slow if you hit it at the wrong time as single lane mountain road, but traffic is usually moving.

If the weather is bad, it can be real slow going, especially when you get stuck behind a 2wd car with normal tyres slip sliding all over the place then can't over take.

It is a great road in good weather especially in Autumn, very colourful!