Man Jailed for Stealing 10 yen

Um ... it's from the West Australian ... they found a pretty picture of a temple - I mean, a temple is a temple, is a temple, ne!

At least they DID give the temple in the pic its name, could just as easily just said it was "a temple" in Japan. Most WestAustralians would not know (or care) the difference - MamaBear, of course, would be all over this!

At least they DID give the temple in the pic its name

And that's the odd thing -- they are explicit about the fact that they are showing you a picture of somewhere that has nothing to do with the story, so they're not trying to hide anything, they're just... showing you something else. It is not as though public domain images of the actual temple in question are hard to find, either, in the event that they have no file photos.

I have been thinking this over carefully just now.... Jean Valjean learnt some very big life lessons because of his experience, he became a mayor, looked after a ladies child, and did lots of good stuff as well as sing some very lovely songs along the way.

So he became a better man.

Perhaps this other criminal can change his ways and learn the good lessons.

I think they should have shown a naked chick.

Or a daikon that looks like a knob, or something.

Pies!

Excellent suggestions. I will include them in the apoplectic letter I intend to fire off. They will rue the day, I tell you. :grandpa:

(Might even make them miserable!)

Additionally, the silly law man who always thought he was doing right persuing Valjean for life.... in the end, he committed suicide.

He could not understand how Valjean could be such a good person. He was quite mixed up actually.

But he also sang some lovely songs along the way, right up to his death in fact.

OK, Pies, I'll bite - which one of t hose is the real you?? I'm guessing it ain't the carrot one. Carrot pies aren't all that exciting.

• 3 weeks later...
Um ... it's from the West Australian ... they found a pretty picture of a temple - I mean, a temple is a temple, is a temple, ne!

At least they DID give the temple in the pic its name, could just as easily just said it was "a temple" in Japan. Most WestAustralians would not know (or care) the difference - MamaBear, of course, would be all over this!

Actually Mamabear didn't even notice because the only time she reads The West is when the doctor is running late and forgot to take her iPad to chat on SJ while she waits ;)

I check the ABC News webpage a few times a day, occasionally watch an evening news, and other than that get all my news from the reliable Important News thread or similar here :D