Fisherman / Angler

Those two are not necessarily equivalent, tho.

Fisherman is a bloke who goes fishing, an angler is one who goes fishing only with lib\ne and hook.

Fishos are sometimes professionals, and they'd likely use nets and trawlers and sell the result. Anglers usually do it for the "sport" - although I feel it to be a one-sided sport, the fish cannot fight back!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tech stuff.   And craft beers. If I see a craft beer I haven't tried, I'll buy it to the chagrin of woman_in_Japan.

So, what price a collector's edition abalone tin, contents intact? and how old would it be? (Not that I'd buy one, just idle curiosity)

So, a "collector's edition" abalone can would be, what, 20 years old? A 1992 vintage, for example, and worthy only of being kept for posterity, definitely NOT for eating!

Sorta like Grange Hermitage, once it is older than about 10 years, it's really only kept so you can say "I've got a 1825 Grange in the cellar", not so you can drink it! Seems a waste of a (once) perfectly good wine!

:hijack: Sorry, carry on!

Chris, That is verging on Too Much Information ... = T M I !!

Old beer (that's bottom brewed) does it for me! Mind you, the gastric reflux thing helps.

• 3 weeks later...