• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its almost finished and Im stoked on how it come up for my first shot at board building. This crazy idea was born after coming home from japan with my DIY swallowtail supermodel, the swallowtail work

It looks like you could use the back part as an bottle opener for an enormous bottle of beer, if you should find one that big!  

Awesome job mate, looks SICK! Can always hang it on the wall if it rides like a pig (not that it will by the looks)   How does the flex feel just playing around with it? Bit more play than your oth

Get some cheap flights to canberra last weekend in august. Ill pick you up at the airport and take you to splitfest. Rent a board and see if you like it.

You will have fun.

A mate had to ride a split board last week after ripping the whole insert from his board...another guy we were riding with brought two boards up...my mate said it was weird to ride, and took a while getting used to. Said the bindings were flimsy and less responsive

As would any poorly set up combo be, less than perfect. My split bindings are so good I use them on my solid too.

When you are riding fresh lines 3 days after the resort was tracked out you soon get used to a splitboard ;-)

Why were they poorly set up?

I haven't ridden them of course, just going by what he said. I would like to try them out. He also said the board itself was a lot thinner than a regular board, which felt weird. The guy who owns the split says it takes a while to get used to them

I just assumed it was poorly set up from the flimsy bindings comment.

A split does ride different to a solid, but proper split bindings are just as good as solid bindings. So was it some crappy old diy split with bindings from 1995 that he was riding or a brand new split with spark burners? We just dont know.

Thats strange then, most new split gear is pretty good, maybe it was just not a good match for him.

Also I think before comparing a solid to a split one should be forced to travel 2klm through knee deep snow , then compare lol