Boarding This Weekend (15 & 16th December)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nozawa. No doubt taking about 2000 yen less than is required to buy his season pass. Have fun!

Which place has the hottest chicks?

I'm kinda worried about tomorrow though since I lost my Bankcard and have to use my book instead. But don't think I'll be done before the post office lock up their a t m s for the weekend. (Stupid auto correct)

Nozawa is pretty shitty today to be honest. Four lifts open... two bunny slopes and one twenty second run... what is it with Saturdays this season?

No wind here either to be honest. No wind up at the uenotaira area just looking at the trees. Last Sunday was some really strong winds but the gondolas ran. Ah well, musnt get cynical, especially now I have my season pass and I just learned you trade it in for day tickets. So now I no worries about getting it pulled :)

anyone got latest nozzie gossip? train is at 9.36 and aint heading out if its the same as yesterday :) It actually looks a lot windier just outside my house to be honest.

Absolutely baking hot on the train at the minute. Its gonna be another sticky day out there by the looks of it. Hopefully yamabiko can deliver the goods. Oooh ooooh nailed my first real tripod yesterday, so er, that was something at least :)

Eta raining in iiyama

This might as well be the ippy blog thread... is no one else out this weekend or sumfink?

Good clean leg burner today. Spent it predominantly riding top to bottom. Uenotaira had great conditions... super fast and just icy enough to keep you nipping along. Once you get to the top of Schneider area and onto the panorama conditions started getting a bit stickier. Compared to higaki base though it was pretty decent. Also nice to get a few runs of it since I'd skipped it every other time I've been there prior to today.

What else? Ushikubi was locked down, got one run on it and was super sticky. Not really worth it, especially once you got to higaki and it immediately turned to treacle. Most of the little paths were good fun today. Worth it just to hit up them so long as you stayed above the gondola mid point. All in all good day. Better than yesterday at least. Gonna take a bit of snow though to repair some of those walls coming off the skyline. I can't honestly see then keeping ushikubi shut either after next weeks prospective fall. So I reckons if we get some decent figures you're going to see that mid area open and maybe the ushikubi line as well. Looking forward to next weekend. 10% of my season pass costs eaten up. I need to make sure I break even and then I can luxuriate on it :p

Yesterday sucked for low elevations. But over 1000m at least today was alright. But I take the point... and apropos of riding past it, every time I see kijimadaira I really want to ride it. What a gorgeous looking run. Definitely on this years hit list... iiyama have a bus to kosha?

Eta has ryuoo started its night a already. Can see the floodlights on up there :)

This might as well be the ippy blog thread... is no one else out this weekend or sumfink?

Good clean leg burner today. Spent it predominantly riding top to bottom. Uenotaira had great conditions... super fast and just icy enough to keep you nipping along. Once you get to the top of Schneider area and onto the panorama conditions started getting a bit stickier. Compared to higaki base though it was pretty decent. Also nice to get a few runs of it since I'd skipped it every other time I've been there prior to today.

What else? Ushikubi was locked down, got one run on it and was super sticky. Not really worth it, especially once you got to higaki and it immediately turned to treacle. Most of the little paths were good fun today. Worth it just to hit up them so long as you stayed above the gondola mid point. All in all good day. Better than yesterday at least. Gonna take a bit of snow though to repair some of those walls coming off the skyline. I can't honestly see then keeping ushikubi shut either after next weeks prospective fall. So I reckons if we get some decent figures you're going to see that mid area open and maybe the ushikubi line as well. Looking forward to next weekend. 10% of my season pass costs eaten up. I need to make sure I break even and then I can luxuriate on it :p

Some of us have, shock horror, responsibilities. ;

Na, in all seriousness, the season hasn't begun yet really.