Thats sad but understandable in saying that though town planners can be a big pain in the ass as alot of them have to much power.

I have yet to see a beautiful village in Japan but I have heard there are a few around.

seemore

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was one in Niseko.....think it was Hanazono.......when I was there a couple of years ago

Hanazono have had one every year for the last couple of years

but theres almost no advertising, so who knows when its actually available

Last year at least they were saying it would go up in march or April.. Forget exactly. Who wants to go up here once the powder's gone?

I may check out the one at Kashimayari in the spring though. Nice sunny day, and 500 yen to learn backflips without breaking your neck. Sounds good to me!

I've used them, they are great fun, and awesome for building your confidence in the air and on the approach. you pretty much always feel like you're going too fast into the ramp until you've hit them a dozen times or so.

Always wear helmets, I ended up with a sore head/neck one of my first jumps - when you hit a real jump you're landing downhill, ski tips pointed somwhat down for the landing.. do this into a bag and your rear tips are going to hit you in the back of the head. the landing is slightly different because you are landing on the flat.

actually my avatar <-- is on a bag in NZ (see no poles), i'm yet to attemtp a backflip onto snow, part because I don't (yet) own a helmet, and part because since trying it onto the bag I haven't had a good condition day. I'm planning on giving it my first attempt in niseko this season. (until i get scared haha)

They have it set up in the summer at Hanazono in Niseko too. (Often in the winter I've seen it laid out, uninflated and covered in snow. I guess they can't use it when its snowing heavily, or windy) Here are a couple of photos of it in the summer.

med_gallery_11253_201_142336.jpg

med_gallery_11253_201_60438.png

Obuse has one with a legit down-slope landing, so you can actually ride out properly if/when you stomp the landing. It's called 'Obuse Kings' and is popular during the off season. The kicker surfaces are made of that brushy 'dry slope' material, so take care not to slam on the approach!

The Ryuo one is so so. Seems odd to be practicing landing on a bag in the season, when you can just hike 15 minutes off the trail and build your own kicker into a powder landing!