They didn’t take long.

> Got me stumped.

> >

> >

> > Re: Man escapes from police custody...

> >

> > This Oscar Pistorius story is all a bit strange, isn't it? There must

> > definitely be more to it. He seemed so happy just the other day, he

> > had such a spring in his step...

> >

> > Yes, it was only minutes after Oscar Pistorius's arrest that the jokes

> > began ... all taking the Pistorius.

> >

> > His lawyer's got a hard job ahead of him. Realistically, it looks like

> > Pistorius hasn't got a leg to stand on.

> >

> > Oscar clearly misunderstood when his girlfriend told him that on

> > Valentine's Day he had to take her out.

> >

> > Oscar Pistorius is pleading not guilty due to temporary diminished

> > responsibility. He claims he was legless at the time of the incident.

> >

> > Whatever happens in court, he still has a career. The IOC say he's a

> > front runner at the next Olympics for pistol shooting.

> >

> > Police reconstruction indicates that Pistorius lost it when, for his

> > Valentine's Day gift, his girlfriend gave him a pair of socks.

> >

> > New Valentine's Day card: "Roses are red, violets are glorious. Never

> > creep up On Oscar Pistorius."

> >

> > Too many Oscar Pistorius jokes already. Trying to come up with a new

> > one is like taking a shot in the dark.

> >

> > Looks like he has an expensive lawyer. I hope he can foot the bill.

> >

> > Otherwise, the Oscar goes to........................Jail !!

> >

> > New evidence has been found outside the Pistorius home that completely

> > acquits him of his girlfriend's murder................ Footprints!

> >

> > She didn't notice Oscar sneaking up behind her. It was the silence of

> > the limbs.

> >

> > I see what Pistorius is doing. He is going to jail for 25 years and

> > when he gets released... Bam! President of South Africa. That's how it

> > works over there, right?

> >

> > When Oscar Pistorius said he wanted to be just like able-bodied

> > athletes, who knew he meant OJ Simpson?

> >

> >

> > First Tiger Woods, then Lance Armstrong, and now Oscar Pistorius. I

> > think Nike should start telling their athletes " Just Don't Do It."

> >

> > Hollywood are doing his life story; it's now going to be called Blade

> > Gunner. Personally I think this one-liner is a bit lame.

> >

> > If found guilty he's gonna have to take it on the shin.

> >

> > And finally,

> >

> > Anyone making jokes about Oscar Pistorius is just prosthetic!

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Colonoscopy !!       Being nervous, and embarrassed about my upcoming colonoscopy, on a recommendation, I decided to have it done while visiting friends in Thailand . Where the b

" Morning Sex "   She was standing in the kitchen, preparing our usual soft-boiled eggs and toast for breakfast, wearing only The 'T' shirt that she normally slept in.   As I walked in, almost a

http://www.27bslash6.com/function4sports.html   This one is funny and it relates to snowboards the other stuff is pretty good too

• 8 months later...

I bet the average person on the streets of US / US / Aus / etc would have a fairly hard time doing the same in 日本語

The difference being though, that most countries (well apart from australia perhaps) don't have a Japanese study programme, like Japan has for English. I can still count in German, despite not studying it since high school

no I can't count in Latin..........we don't study Latin at school either

They might not care about english but they have had a fair few years studying it......and there's also a very large private study culture as well.....hence why a lot of us came here.

Isn't that from a year or two ago when Korean McDonalds were selling uber bags of chips for really cheap? There was some internet meme of high school Korean kids putting pics online of them eating crazy amounts of fries. In the end McDs stopped it due to wastage......or something like that

I think the beev might be right.

http://sg.entertainm...-091656075.html

medium_389381c.jpg

In what could possibly be the most unhealthy fast food trend ever, teens in South Korea and Japan have started throwing 'potato parties', involving vast amounts of deep fried french fries and a strong determination to finish them all.

Here's how they throw a potato party - buy excessive amounts of french fries (more than 30 large sized packets seem to be the norm), spread them out in potato 'mountains' across a series of plastic food trays, upload the photos to social media, and spend the next few hours trying finish them all.

The trend apparently started in Japan last year during a nation-wide McDonald's promotion where large fries went for 150 yen, or about US$1.60 per pack. A group of teens bought 23 packets and posted the photo on social media, where it promptly went viral and was re-tweeted thousands of times, sparking a 'potato party craze'.

The carb-feasting soon spread to South Korea, where a group of youths ordered 270,000 won, or US$250 worth of the fried snack and were scolded by a McDonald's worker, who called them 'brats' and told them to get out of the restaurant.

Most recently, a photo of a 60-pack potato party (above) started trending in Japan - complete with a special balloon to commemorate the heart-attack inducing three-hour long occasion.

At about 560 calories per large sized packet of fries, that would mean that the four teens would have to consume a whopping 33,000 calories in order to earn their potato party a place in the french fry Hall of Fame.

The craze has sparked an equal amount of angry disapproval from parents, restaurant staff, and other customers.

Firstly, these obscene sized orders cause every one else's food order to be delayed.

Customers in South Korea who want to grab a burger can't get into the restaurants because of the hordes of people gathered around watching the youths chowing down their potatoes.

In Japan, accusations of unsanitary behaviour have been attributed to these potato parties, and complaints to put an end to the salty feasts have apparently been pouring in.

Wastage is also considered particularly heinous in Japanese culture - leaving the youths with two alternatives: either chow down the entire spread of greasy, salty, fatty fries or get scolded for leaving some behind. Neither result sounds positive.