Im sure something is up with that info. I will be checking it out in feb as my k winter pass includes it so if the doors are locked i let you know. I may have a wally world moment if they are shut lol.

It's only a very small hill. It opens early, usually in November and then closes for the main winter period. I think maybe because there is too much snow for the chairlift as it is very low slung, or that there are far better options nearby that people would chose over Nakayama. Then it reopens in spring till Golden Week or later, with a great park, and lanes for the racers to bash the gates.

Gozaimaas - even it were open, it wouldn't be worth the trip IMO. I've been up there a few times, for early season turns when nothing else is open, and then for sunny park sessions in the springtime.

Yep, the park is very good. Decent kicker line lower down, largest jump probably in the 50-55ft region. Plenty of smaller kickers and some really good jibs higher up. It suffers a bit because its only set up in the spring so it gets slushy, but the park crew keeps everything nicely shaped and salted. Here's a pic of the kicker line.

med_gallery_11253_201_230404.jpg

Here's a view up the hill. This is in November last year, and you can see pretty much all the terrain available. You can see why its not really worth the trip unless there's nowhere else open and you're keen for early turns!

med_gallery_11253_201_109656.jpg